Any idea what breeds my bunny has in him?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemnyj

Reaction score
Hello! :)

I've had a pet bunny for a couple of weeks now, but I don't have any prior experience with bunnies. I know he's probably not purebred, but I was wondering if anyone knew what he could possibly be a mix of?

I have pictures below, but if it helps, I can give some further information about him.. he's rather large, but I don't know his exact weight. He's very friendly; when I let him out of his cage or when my fiance comes home from work, he'll jump around our feet until we pet him. He even gets along with our foster kitten. He's a little more active than inactive... he loves running around following the cat, randomly doing little excited hops and kicks, and running and full speed around the room (today he actually ran right into the wall, lol).

Here's some pics of him. Anyone have any idea what breeds he has in him?

KAoZftK.jpg

y1yxdpb.jpg

CRK6qTs.jpg

the ears are a dead giveaway, your bun is part flemish for sure. The other part is a bit confusing especially with the white splash. Almost want to venture to say dutch markings??? Someone would have to be crazy to do that mix though, lol

Thanks for answering! Out of curiosity, why would someone be crazy to mix those two breeds? Temperament issues or something?

There is a big difference in size between the breeds. If the dutch was the female it would have been a very dangerous pregnancy and birth. I'm not sure if the white marking is from dutch ancestry though. I've occasionally gotten strange markings like that from a cross between a NZW and an American Blue.

stemnyj":1fqvae5w said:
Thanks for answering! Out of curiosity, why would someone be crazy to mix those two breeds? Temperament issues or something?

It's not that they'd be crazy, just that they wouldn't give a rip about purebred lines. Flemish breeders on average are very particular about even mixing certain varieties of flemish much less breeds.

dayna":1dgbhv53 said:
Whatever he is, he is cute!

Agreed, I always felt that when it comes to having a rabbit as a pet, those irregular marks are what adds to the personality.

Awww he's very handsome. He's going to make a lovely house bundograbbit LOL Big boy!<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 pm __________<br /><br />Awww he's very handsome. He's going to make a lovely house bundograbbit LOL Big boy!

Actually I'd say Flemish and dutch as well...do to the way the white is lined on the inside of his foot...i have a few dutch mixes and they have similar lines. perfect dutch are supposed to have the cleanest markings possible for show...~shrug~ and i have heard a few to many stories of people sold two "boys" or two "girls" and ending up with surprises...or the person who's great dane had puppies with their chihuahua...person might have thought a dutch just wouldn't reach o_O so it is a possible semi likely accidental cross...either way it's an adorable rabbit :)

Latest posts

Back