Any help on Finding Palomino breeders?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunninMI

Reaction score
Hello all I have decided someitme in the (hopefuly near) future i am going to add Palominos to my breeds but am having a heck of a time finding breeders to get my foundation stock. I have no real concern on where the breeders are located in the States and Canada but I am looking for decent quality papered animals I raise not only for meat but also show and i would like to make Palomino popularity come back in michigan and throughout the country. So anyone who can give me snything to get me headed to finding breeders would be appreciated breeder websites,phone numbers, or emails would be great. I have already tried the breed association and google so im hopeing some of you may have some leads for me.

Thanks,
RunninMI

Hi RunninMI,

We ran into the same problem last fall. We had been out of Pals for over 15 years and were shocked to find that they were now considered 'Rare'.

We ended up making a fast trip to Oklahoma where one of the top Pal breeders lives, and came home with our "nucleus stock" from her. We also added some from a PA breeder. Fortunately the two lines are meshing quite well.

There is a Palomino Yahoo group that has different ones mentioning their litters. There are some people out in Washington state that have some very nice lines as well. The Pals are out there...just well hidden.

Good luck. I hope to hear of Your success. RR.

Also... on this group... there is a member...user name Tomcatrabbitry... whose Mother raises Palominos , i believe in Your part of the country. Perhaps she could help. RR

Random rabbit yes i know Tomcat rabbitry very very well shes practicaly my sister and well after posting this i found out her mother has them lol

anntann will deffinatly check that out

The Sedalia nationals were held about 3 weeks ago, and there were some nice Pals going across the table, but I was a little surprised at how few there were in terms of total numbers. There seemed to be more MNZR's at the showroom. :p

Hi RunninMI,
I live in Central Michigan. have you evercheced out Hoobly.com. They have rabbits advertised
There.

Just be cautious of some breeders.

Kris

yes chris i have been watching hoobly i have seen a couple ads but nothing that is worth what they want in my opinion that i have went to see so far. thanks for the lead though i think we have decided to just buy some at convention in indianapolis this year.

Latest posts

Back