Answer some idiotic questions....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, sorry I hate YA, friends don't let friends Yahoo drunk, but you need a few stiff ones, it brings the ass out in me...
and then you get the pissing contests with HouseRabbit people....
Rather see a bunny on a table (meat) than kept in some of the 'loving' rescues.

Jack":3lpspu7o said:
sorry.... it brings the ass out in me....

Always good to know your limits, lol. :lol: For others, answer away!

Me, I think I would just get bored, I like how this site is a place where I can learn from some people, and hopefully help others. It is nice to just have a more conversation-style communication, dontcha think? I like feeling like I know who I am talking to, and where they might be coming from.

Um, HOUSERABBIT SOCIETY, as in the other rabbit people (ya know the ones that poopoo breeders (ARBA) and think bunnies are better than dogs (a very good point, but..)
I have problems with rabbit hoarders, If you are going to have large numbers of animal, or even a few, have a point for having them or it just gets ugly, My wife had a friend who hoarded er 'rescued' dogs, yet they never seemed to leave, same is seen with rabbits, and rabbits where they would go, are advocated by some on YA to save, and I make the small comment that a NEW rabbit cost less than a single vet visit (cause they are exotics doncha know) and get flamed,

So I leave them to play by thems selves...

:eek:fftopic:

Okay, guys, let's not have this degenerate into one of "those" threads. It is RabbitTalk policy to be considerate of all types of rabbit owners. No need to step on toes or stir the pot on these highly charged issues. House Rabbit people are not typically hoarders. Commercial breeders are not usually factory farmers. There are many reasons for owning rabbits and good caring people in all those categories. So let's live and let live.

It's all about :respect:

Thank you. I'll get off my soapbox now. :soap:

thanks Maggie ...
Jack just FYI I came to rabbits through living with a humane education rabbit who had free run of my office until she got sludge and was quasi retired to be a house rabbit with us so I could control her food intake better. We lived with her for 15 years. I am quite involved in rabbit rescue :)

Yeah, but how would you answer the question

"I had a friend give me a rabbit with problems, she said that she was OK, and was just like that
but now her head is rolling and she is dragging her back feet and I think something is wrong with her fur...
I don't have the money for expensive medicines or vet bills what will help...."

I suggested that she would be better off putting the rabbit down humanely and starting over with a un-sick rabbit.
And I have to look, is more humane to make an animal suffer with the off chance it MIGHT get better, or put it down and focus your effort and resources on what you CAN improve (triage)

Any who, to many stupid questions from people who don't bother to google, I went through a 'YOUR GOOGLE-FU SUCKS' period where I would tinyurl them how to do a goggle search, but then I figured that took to long and they would be just as served by ignoring them, I don't thing much of the quality of questions or answers on Yahoo

Answers is basically un-moderated with a mass of tweenie silliness (and yes I know that many aren't adolescent, but that's about the level of the board)
so why should I mess up their perfect streak with a serious answer?

I euthanize plenty of animals if that's what you are asking me

I also deal with plenty of stupid :)

Yeah, and I bet barn smells are limited to the mud room or similar....
How would you feel if you were forced to walk into a house that the smell hit you going up the steps with the door and windows shut...
that and the lady who runs the local rescue where the rabbits basically have overrun the back yard, dog kennel what ever she can find, she puts some up for adoption but most aren't and many have problems, I see little point in that, warehousing animals until they die.

Okay, now, boys.. Calm Down. Thats an order!!! Goto the mountain top, See the blue sky, hear the waterfall....

I just told a kid to open his text and do the work himself,,,,

Jack":1mutuo63 said:
Yeah, and I bet barn smells are limited to the mud room or similar....
How would you feel if you were forced to walk into a house that the smell hit you going up the steps with the door and windows shut...
that and the lady who runs the local rescue where the rabbits basically have overrun the back yard, dog kennel what ever she can find, she puts some up for adoption but most aren't and many have problems, I see little point in that, warehousing animals until they die.

I don't disagree with you Jack - but horrible conditions are not limited to people who think they are doing rescue work ... I have been in much much worse conditions then those you list and I feel disgust, horror and great sadness for the animals

Yeah, I understand, point was I didn't see it as productive posting on YA, cause like the titel says.... idiotic questions
so after getting slapped with stupidity on one side and flaming attacks on the other, my spitefulness... and well I quit
kinda sucked as I was above 30% best answer, average is about 7

__________ Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:28 pm __________

Oh, if you want to see some real relationship entertainment (some serious content too)
check out YA marriage and divorce

Gotta love the 'should I hook up with my hot boss, will his wife mind'
some real inventive flames, and lots of 'go for its'
If I didn't laugh, well might cry...
Oh and the teenies asking 'I slept with him, and now he doesn't like me, I slept with him again, but he was really into me but not so now??'
Thank goodness I was clueless and not into dating at that age.

Back