Another place for you to sell your meat rabbits....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawfeeder

Reaction score
Since this forum has been so helpful and supportive, I wanted to share with you all another place to market your rabbits. This is a group on facebook called 'Carnivore Feed Supplier (CFS)'.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1184056 ... rk_t=group

These are pet owners who feed raw, most are looking for WHOLE rabbits... skin on, dispatched with the bop or broom stick method so they can feed the heads too. Although I do offer a dressed version; which is skinned, their choice of organs (most just want the intestines removed) for extra $$. No need to be professionally slaughtered, bled out or left to rest. Just dispatched, bagged and frozen until sold.

They are looking for a good price, but will be regular customers if pleased with your product/service. I started a thread and agreed upon $3 per pound of live weight being very reasonable. So $15 for a 5lb rabbit. I have had an overwhelming response to my post there... I literally have waiting lists for my meat rabbits!!! :D

That's cool. I was on for a year and got nothing. That means you have a good market there with buyers just looking for suppliers.

You were a part of the very same group? I see people posting all the time interested in rabbits in different areas too. If someone posts saying they sell rabbits everyone is like ''I wish you were closer'' etc. Members are from all over Canada and America... I figured someone here might be able to find some business there! :)

Awesome thanks. I will make use of this when I hopefully get to the point where I have more rabbits then my dogs can eat:)

Happy":1snyy2oc said:
Are there any FB groups dedicated to trading LIVE rabbits?

there is the Rabbit Breeders United group, and a Midwest Rabbit Supply. Sadly, I am getting no takers on the mini-lop I want to re-home-- He may very well become Dog food for SKy's kennel.

Frosted Rabbits":2yj37ypr said:
Happy":2yj37ypr said:

there is the Rabbit Breeders United group, and a Midwest Rabbit Supply. Sadly, I am getting no takers on the mini-lop I want to re-home-- He may very well become Dog food for SKy's kennel.
I'm in Kentucky, and might be interested. Wanna talk?

rawfeeder":6d3kzvbj said:
You were a part of the very same group? I see people posting all the time interested in rabbits in different areas too. If someone posts saying they sell rabbits everyone is like ''I wish you were closer'' etc. Members are from all over Canada and America... I figured someone here might be able to find some business there! :)

Yep. I got a lot of I wish you were closer, just no one in Ohio close enough to me, willing to pay the price. I can't afford to go less than $3, and most people weren't interested in the price (in my part of Ohio). I don't believe there are a lot of raw feeders in my immediate area. i was on the yahoo raw group as well, for a few years, but could never find anything close to me.

It's just my area, so everyone needs to give it a try, it's a good way to feel out your area.

skysthelimit":3w4gq5m3 said:
Yep. I got a lot of I wish you were closer, just no one in Ohio close enough to me, willing to pay the price. I can't afford to go less than $3, and most people weren't interested in the price (in my part of Ohio). I don't believe there are a lot of raw feeders in my immediate area. i was on the yahoo raw group as well, for a few years, but could never find anything close to me.

It's just my area, so everyone needs to give it a try, it's a good way to feel out your area.

Aaah gotcha, that really blows :( At least your pooches are eating like kings!

if you can't afford to let go for less than $3 isn't it worth recouping some of the cost? That's how I look at it anyways... even if I recoup some of the costs it helps as I certainly don't MAKE money selling for dog food, but what I bring in is better than eating myself (as it's money in the hand). :)

Anyways, thanks again for the link....it's given me some leads already.

Frosted Rabbits":468q2bqp said:
Happy":468q2bqp said:

There is an ohio rabbits and cavy too.

__________ Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 pm __________

ladysown":468q2bqp said:
if you can't afford to let go for less than $3 isn't it worth recouping some of the cost? That's how I look at it anyways... even if I recoup some of the costs it helps as I certainly don't MAKE money selling for dog food, but what I bring in is better than eating myself (as it's money in the hand). :)

Anyways, thanks again for the link....it's given me some leads already.

No only because there really isn't enough for the dogs and to sell, so I might as well keep the meat to lessen the dog feed bill.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm __________<br /><br />
Frosted Rabbits":468q2bqp said:
Happy":468q2bqp said:

I am seriously considering ditching those hollands and going for the mini lops, seems like they breed better. But I am waiting for the mini rex to get better and go away before I make any decisions.

Latest posts

Back