Another meat source

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek.blair

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would share with you all the fun that my Husband and I had on Monday. Living in Alaska we have access to some of the best Salmon fishing in the world! We spent nine hours dip-netting in the Copper River catching Sockeye Salmon. We were allowed thirty fish and we caught our limit :D After processing we had 70lbs worth of fillets! Here are some photos from the day, and dinner last night ;)
chitina2014 002.jpg
chitina2014 001.jpg
chitina2014 007.jpg
chitina2014 010.jpg
YUM.jpeg

copper river sockeye is my absolute favorite fish in the whole world. :)

Its a lot harder to get here in Hawaii but I still find it sometimes. Good job catching all those fish!

dayna":2bmxueqq said:
copper river sockeye is my absolute favorite fish in the whole world. :)

Its a lot harder to get here in Hawaii but I still find it sometimes. Good job catching all those fish!
Thanks! It's my favorite too :D some people say that can't tell a difference between the Copper River Reds and other Reds, but I can! You have a lot of other tasty fish you can get in Hawaii though I bet! ;)

What a stunning place to spend the day fishing! :p

That water looks c-c-c-cold though! :x Were your feet frozen even with the rubber boots on?

Congratulations on "netting" all of the free fish for your freezer!

MamaSheepdog":2aof4m8c said:
What a stunning place to spend the day fishing! :p

That water looks c-c-c-cold though! :x Were your feet frozen even with the rubber boots on?

Congratulations on "netting" all of the free fish for your freezer!
It is SUPER cold water!! We had wool socks on so it wasn't too cold on the toesies ;)

Now you've done it. You made me hungry again and I just had lunch.

Hope you brought enough for everyone. :fridge: :dinner: :cheesysmile:

Back