Another (dumb?) question.....when r u a rabbitry?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
When can you be considered a rabbitry? Do you need a business license? This may be a dumb question but I would hate to call myself something I am not & be asked about it later & look dumb. I have 4 does. each have 3 to 7 kits & 2 bucks. I call myself a mini rabbtry :)

A rabbitry is an enclosure where rabbits are kept, and often bred.

There's no need to be licensed to call yourself a rabbitry. I consider my place a "hobby farm". Within the farm is a rabbitry, a stable, a pigsty and a goatery.

A "mini" rabbitry, in other words would be a small-scale rabbitry or a hobby rabbitry... As oppose to a commercial or large-scale rabbitry.

I consider myself a little rabbitry :) I have 2 strictly pet rabbits and then 5 brood/showing rabbits with kits. If the vedor pulls through this week where I ordered my cages from, I will have 15 hole rabbitry. All of them won't be filled but will be eventually with some upcoming future keepers/purchases. I like that my rabbitry doesn't consist of 100 rabbits because I have to cull that much harder to decide what I am keeping with such limited space.

Pink":3t8jqn78 said:
A rabbitry is an enclosure where rabbits are kept, and often bred.

There's no need to be licensed to call yourself a rabbitry. I consider my place a "hobby farm". Within the farm is a rabbitry, a stable, a pigsty and a goatery.

A "mini" rabbitry, in other words would be a small-scale rabbitry or a hobby rabbitry... As oppose to a commercial or large-scale rabbitry.

...describes my place to a "T" :)

I use the term 'rabbitry' causually. More or less to refer to where the rabbits are housed. Just added doe # 4 yesterday!

I do consider I have a rabbitry (18 breeding does), but I don't bother to think of the word when talking about them. I just "have rabbits".

I think of my place as a rabbitry, with over 50 rabbits, but I won't feel official til I name it and register it... boundary bunny co. just seems a bit ... eh...so I'm still thinking. need to hurry up though so I can put it on the pedigree for my silver fox litter I'm expecting.

A rabbitry is a place where rabbits are raised. Doesn't matter how many or how few, nor what they are raised for (meat/show/pets), nor whether or not you sell them, nor whether or not it's registered with or licensed by any agency or group. If you raise rabbits, even a pair, you have a rabbitry. You can name it anything you like as long as no one is likely to confuse it with an already-existing well-known rabbitry.

Back