Another color question...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow's_Dream

Reaction score
I just bought this Lionhead doe from a friend on mine yesterday. She had gotten her for her young daughters, but they didnt spend any time with her, so she sold her to me. I love her coloring, but what color is she? Also... her eyes are really neat. One eye is red in the middle and all around the outside is blue... the other eye is split... it is blue on bottom and a dark color on top. I thought she looked really neat, but not sure why they are that color. Here are a few pictures from different angles. Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, she is around 4 months old....

20afp5z.jpg

29wmr2d.jpg

34xhldh.jpg

2qj9ci9.jpg

harlequin gene would make sense given the alternating patches. Stack on a few genes like broken and something dilute that gives red eyes and that could account for it.

I have no clue what is in her background, I just found the eye color interesting and wondered what she would be called. I took another picture of her just a bit ago... maybe it will show her coloring a little better.

so would she be called the VM Broken Magpie then????
2hwkayq.jpg

I don't see anything that would really prove her to be vm. I think the eye is too dark to be true blue eyed. I would say magpie with an unknown dilution gene giving the red eye.

She is a beautiful lil Blue Magpie ! This color often has eyes like that from what I have read. If you do a search of that color on google you will find a bunch of pics that look like your baby & some interesting reading.

Dreamerz":1w9p19cp said:
She is a beautiful lil Blue Magpie ! This color often has eyes like that from what I have read. If you do a search of that color on google you will find a bunch of pics that look like your baby & some interesting reading.

Thank you :) I will do just that. Thanks for all the help from everyone. I will eventually learn all the 'technical' names of each color... HOPEFULLY!!

Latest posts

Back