Animal control seizes 74 rabbits from Center Township garage

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because you can make a witch hunt out of animal owners but nobody wants to be responsible for martyring human mothers.

......and children cost a lot more to rehome than pets or livestock....

michabo3000":2lc3hhzx said:
Honorine, How do you stage pictures of that much rabbit poo? Im pretty sure thats real rabbit poo.

Yes it was Real rabbit poo. Debe stated that there were four cages that the 4H kids ( who boarded there) were to clean that weekend. Easy enough to take a rabbit From its own cage and place in a "bad" cage. Debe was Not allowed into the barn and forbidden to take Any photographs of what was going on, under threat of immediate arrest.

I noticed that the Netherland Dwarf rabbits in the photos looked quite clean and healthy...a little odd if they were really living in those cages!

Diamond":1cr4koyp said:
because you can make a witch hunt out of animal owners but nobody wants to be responsible for martyring human mothers.

......and children cost a lot more to rehome than pets or livestock....

I don't think a crack head mom with a pedophile junkie boyfriend and a home that looks like a dump is much of a martyr.....but they give back kids to parents like that all the time. Why it is that people seem to care more about animal welfare than children's welfare?...

just a rhetorical question folks...not actually looking for an answer....

And I really don't see how they justify that $50 a day to care for one rabbit. If that was so, no one would be raising rabbits.....

The article says 50 dollars a month , not a day, per rabbit. Thats very very cheap for pet boarding. The law would allow them to charge a lot more than that.<br /><br />__________ Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:33 pm __________<br /><br />i know some pet boarding kennels charge as much as 575 month per animal.

Honorine":1ehz2t7z said:
There were allegations of possible staging of some of the pictures of rabbits in the Bell case, here were clean healthy looking rabbits sitting on a pile of poo. I have rabbits that always make a pile of poo in one corner very quickly, sometimes I just switch them to another cage until I have time to scrap out the corner. I also turn my trays to avoid this problem and present a clean corner. Babies can dirty up a water crock in the flash of an eye, reason why I prefer bottles, instead of bleaching crocks all the time. Based on the Bell case I no longer blindly believe the 'Authorities' version of events, I want proof of abuse from an unbiased source. Considering what their trying to do to regulate and end breeding of any species thru APHIS any breeder should turn a more sceptical eye towards these situations, because one must always remember that it could be you next. Debe Bell was railroaded, conditions were created to make it appear worse than it was, and I truly believe pictures were staged. Her civil rights were horribly violated, on that point alone one should not be so quick to condemn her. Be careful folks, this is a really slippery slope, I may be paranoid but I also know that they are out to get us.

I hate to have to say it, but I do agree with you. After what I just read late last night and this morning about the Dollarhitee family, I wouldn't put anything past APHIS or the EPA. Found a video on youtube where they had to give testimony about Property Wrongs along with a bunch of other people where the government came in either acting all nice about it until they could try and dig up some dirt, or come in with guns blazing.

I don't trust what I see on the news anymore either. I never know for sure whether things are staged or not. Anymore, it really is hard to tell and I would rather give the woman the benefit of a doubt. It could be one of you on the evening news with some Animal rights activists staging things to get you into trouble or to make you look bad to the media.

It's a sorry state we live in when we can't trust what we read or hear on the news, but that's what it has come to.

I used to keep rabbits and there were times when I would sell some rabbits, clean out their cage and then move some of them to the cleaned cages while I cleaned others. Those cages are a bear to clean sometimes. I didn't have a torch so I pressure cleaned them and scraped them.

I also understand that the complaint against Debe Bell came from a competing breeder ... and not only were Debe's civil rights violated, the outcome predetermined, a House Rabbit Society veterinarian used during the seizure, the amazing thing is that the folks caring for the rabbits took them into an even worse climate situation, and spaying and neutering begun even before Debe had her preliminary hearing!

So far, only my does that are bred are the ones that build poop piles :D I scrape them off in the morning, they are building them back before noon! Thankfully, I am able to house them outside so no trays and several feet between the bottom of the cage and the ground! I also let them build them when the kits are starting to come out of the nestbox as the kits will gnaw on them.

Latest posts

Back