And so we begin again :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Having decided to NEVER again have just one doe kindle, we now have 3 does bred, with 2 more scheduled for this evening.

Sam (Blue American buck) has successfully mated with Gladiola, a lovely White American who is 9months old (I think) She's quite large, and certainly ready for breeding. I let them sniff noses, her ears went up, I put her in with Sam and she bounced around the pen once, then plopped her body down on the ground with her tail up and lifting for him immediately.

I was thinking about breeding him to Ethel (big blue sr. American doe...mother of those gi-normous kits I have) but i've been thinking about taking her to a show, so that's probably not such a good idea.

Bingo met with great success as well with 1 of his ladies...little Whitey, a himmie English/French Angora doe. She's 7 months, but bigger than her mother and she, also, showed VERY ready to be bred.

Tried with Sophia (black french/english doe, last litter on 7/3) She was NOT very helpful...tried to kill him, in fact. :x But, as she did with Hobbes when she met up with him last summer, she danced around, fought him, then planted and let him breed her ONCE before trying to kill him again.

Bingo will meet up with Chocolate bunny and Vienna this evening. Or at least one of them.

And...here's the cool part...I already have homes for at least 6 of the angora kits that will be born. (the woolers). I don't anticipate any problems selling the Americans, either.

Thorbunny (Beveren) did have a long date with Dora (Beveren) but she was NOT impressed and he was not successful that I saw. We'll try again tonight. They're about to become colony mates, so one of these days.....

OMG. I think I have possibly four bred, and I was freaking out! Don't know how you do it...

Yes. Well. You should know that I get addicted to baby critters :) I was hatching chicken eggs and turkey eggs last year like ther was no tomorrow!

It IS rather embarassing, atm. :oops: but...but....if I have just one doe due to kindle I worry like crazy 'cuz what if she DIES? or doesn't have milk? or...or.... :eek:

And they're just so CUTE! :cute:

sigh. on the other hand, what if they all kindle with 8 kits? OMG! that's...that's....48 kits? criminy. I really need to start seeing a shrink about this rabitosis thing :lol:

seriously...I do have homes for most of the angoras that will be born (if any..must not count popples before they pop), and the Americans are going to take the place of the NZ as my meat rabbits...eat the culls, sell the showables. (that's the plan, anyway...we're still waiting for Michael to dispatch the LAST 5)

I'm thinking of neutering Peter so he can just live out his life with Mama-san in peace and contentment. The three angora does I started with are going to be just woolers now..well, after this next batch of kits. Aztec won't have more kits..she's 5+ so she can just give me wool and be quiet in her corner.

yup all Michael's fault ;)

and I'd let Peter hang out with Mama-san too - Niobe is just so happy with his harem :)

Wow, yep. Rabbitosis. It's a bad case. I don't know if there is any hope. lol

Latest posts

Back