American Chin + SF???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ollitos":2xz8cj59 said:
I have a litter very similar. Sire is SF. Dam is Am Chin/NZ mix. I got all blacks with one agouti.

Sky's previous post

They are agouti marked, they are chins more than likely. As far as I know the si Silvering gene is on a locus by itself, and the real base color is just black, so it's like you bred a black rabbit to a chin, so you would get chins, maybe blacks or self chins and possibly REW if either carries it.

So black would be dominate in this pairing? But with Amy, dilute black which is showing blue?

Amy, hope you post pics of the little ones when they really get their fur. Will be really interesting to see what they turn out to be.

Karen

For sure I will. Interestingly, my other Am. Chin. (who was bred to same buck) kindled today and all 8 are pretty dark, only pink was on some of their bellies.

Amy":12jycagg said:
For sure I will. Interestingly, my other Am. Chin. (who was bred to same buck) kindled today and all 8 are pretty dark, only pink was on some of their bellies.

Congratulations on 8 more popples!

Karen

Congrats. They do look blue, which is why I thought they were chins until I saw their bellies. Black would be dominant, both could carry the dilute gene, more likely for the SF than the chin, but not impossible at all.

A little while and we will solve the mystery. Just need more fur to come in. I love color what's it post. It they way we all learn to recognize colors at birth. There used to be this really nice website of all kinds of colors at birth. It has not been up for a while and it sure makes me sad. Maybe I should take more pictures and try to replicate it. www.gbfarm.org is the closest to it.

Here is my Am. Chin. doe, Daffodil
Daffodil8mo's.JPG
SF buck, Peter
nov. 2012 002.JPG

Nice SF! The only thing I can say right now is they are possibly some kind of shaded, which would mean the buck carries a rew gene and that he greatly contributed that rew gene to this litter :) The silvering won't have an effect until they are a couple months so that is not a factor right now.

Back