AmChin doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
FINALLY got an AmChin doe! Well, alright, she's 3/4 AmChin and 1/4 NZ, but that's the closest that I'm going to get for $15. She is pedigreed, the New Zealand mixed in is clearly noted on the pedigree. I didn't pose her up very well and she's not the most spectacular specimen, but she's an AmChin and it makes me happy. She's got nice shoulders but lacks a butt, but Sammy (my buck) has a JLo booty, so it'll balance out fine I think. I named her Serafina.

Attachments

• chin doe profile.JPG
    chin doe profile.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 440
  • chin doe.JPG
    chin doe.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 440
Pretty girl! What color are her eyes? In the first photo they look blue-grey!

P.S. I like your grooming table- watch for a post on that topic coming soon!

ah, Blue eyes AND the darker shade coat-- interesting-- I have only see that much blue in the eyes of the lightest shade coats! NOW, you gotta show off the rings--gotta show some people that AM CHIN means PEARL banding in the rings!

Don't know much about the "proper" conformation for an Amchin, but it is a nice looking rabbit. :) If you are looking to breed them, and they are rare, a cross might not be such a bad idea, as it will help the gene pool. If you can find a pure-bred buck, I think you could breed it back into a 4 generation "pure-bred" within two years.

MamaSheepdog":2334030h said:
Pretty girl! What color are her eyes? In the first photo they look blue-grey!

P.S. I like your grooming table- watch for a post on that topic coming soon!

Blue-gray marbled. I was worried at first, but it IS acceptable on the show table, so she can stay.<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:51 pm __________<br /><br />
Frosted Rabbits":2334030h said:
ah, Blue eyes AND the darker shade coat-- interesting-- I have only see that much blue in the eyes of the lightest shade coats! NOW, you gotta show off the rings--gotta show some people that AM CHIN means PEARL banding in the rings!

Oh yea. Duh. I never even looked at her ring color. I'll go look right now.

I'm a really bad AmChin breeder, can you tell? Or, a brand spanking new one, at least.

well, at least you have the full blooded buck to help get the ring color properly pearled!!! Otherwise, you just have an agouti doe!

Here is a photo of her ring color:
serafinaring.jpg

This is a photo of my buck's ring color:
samring.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:26 pm __________<br /><br />Does she look alright, Terry? I'm really not 100% sure what I'm looking at here.

She is very close to him-- If I were using your buck--I would want to see a better pearl band he may improve her, But I think you want a deeper pearl band. It is nice to see that Marsha, my half breed, is right there with your 3/4 breed- but Marsha's mother was marked like a Cal (Cal/NZ mutt), and her sire was out of Young's lines, so I already had a little bit more to start with. Also , Carolyn Krienke's and Tom Bergers animals were right up close in my herds pedigrees. So I had accidently gotten some very good animals.
now one thing I am thinking here--is the darker coats on the animals may wash out some of the shaft color, as well-- Franco has a nice link to some Chins of all three coat shades

http://www.rabbitgeek.com/file/amchinco ... dfshades--

There are wonderful clear pics of the ring patterns there, and really, the color pattern does show up better in a circle than in a line-- that is why I use a small, hand held fan!!! (blowing, holding, picture taking-- all at once-- too much for this old lady!) The link above also has a link to some wonderful color genetics info on the Am Chin.

Back