Am I being fair? Client demands full refund.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cowgirl9768":1vyvwyar said:
I did and she gave up. She is culling her and I don't have to refund her. It is a shame to cull a bob for something not genetic but that is her choice.

I'm sure that's a rotten thing (for the mom) to do to her daughter! :/ I bet her daughter is attached to the rabbit. I couldn't do that to my kid, he would be heartbroken.

I know I am late to this but, yes you are right you owe that "mother" nothing..honestly she sounds like one of those over involved hovering mothers that you see at any kid event..The fact that she would cull, I assume she meant terminally,her child's' rabbit just speaks volumes to any mom out there. Good job sticking to your guns...people will try anything..guilt,shame and even threats.To many people cave in to these bullies..When their tactics work they just continue to bully the next guy..in this case her child. I feel bad for the kid, not only is she being bullied but she is being taught that bullying works....

Syberchick70":38hrb0nk said:
I'm sure that's a rotten thing (for the mom) to do to her daughter! :/ I bet her daughter is attached to the rabbit. I couldn't do that to my kid, he would be heartbroken.
Seriously, Her daughter bought the rabbit. It is still a perfectly good breeding rabbit. She is just trying to make a point at her daughters expense... If it was just the daughter involved I would like to just send her another bunny to show there are good people out there. But her mom turned it into a whole new thing.

I would not have a problem or hesitate to tell them to pound sand. I think it's absurd that they even contacted you with such a demand.

It is quite possible that the mother's threat to cull the rabbit was simply one more item in her bag of tricks. If it made you cave (thank goodness it didn't) then she would have won. If not, she can at least feel she has made you feel bad about the whole thing. She may cull the rabbit but it is just as likely that it was an idle threat.

A lot of people hear "malocclusion" and instantly think its genetic, permanent and trimming teeth is too much of a hassle so they cull. I trimmed teeth on a pet squirrel for 16 years :)

If the mom wants to remain ignorant and/or stubborn there is nothing you can do and I think she is trying to make you feel guilty by telling you she plans to cull, and it is just another attempt to manipulate you.

I agree, her saying she will cull is a threat. But I am unsure she will. If she does I pitty her 7 year old daughter. I see now that fatal culling is sometimes a needed part of breeding. But at seven that would have killed me. If she is willing to go that far to prove a point she is not one I would help if I even had the means

ladysown":1t70kwt8 said:
she is coming to you 2-3 months after the fact?

you owe her NOTHING.

Rabbit showed for you successfully.
And bad teeth are checked for at shows.

If she had bad teeth now it won't be due to lack of hay, it will be due to rabbit pulling on the wire of the cage or something.
It is NOT your issue.

DO NOT refund money.

it's one thing if she brought the rabbit home and then said HOLD ON.. I just saw something we missed.

BUT as you stated. You checked the rabbit over before sale. the buyer checked the rabbit over before sale.
Rabbit is sold AS IS. no guarantees on future showing ability, no guarantees on the ability to reproduce or anything.

Just tell her how sorry you are about the situation but you are NOT in the financial position to pay for the rabbit.

You can't fix every problem.
if the rabbit had a problem earlier she should have told you sooner.. not 2-3 months after the fact.

If she didn't know the rabbit had a tooth problem then she's not observing her rabbits as closely as she should. you owe her nothing.

:yeahthat: :goodpost: Ladysown is perfectly right.

:hmm: So, what does she tell the kid? "The breeder says that we're not entitled to a refund (says so right on the contract), so I'm going to kill your bunny because it injured its teeth sometime between when we bought it and now." Makes sense. :cuckoo:

Ohh no she'll say something along the lines of "this breeder sold you a defective rabbit and its teeth are going to grow through it's skull so we must kill it".

She'll leave out the part that malocclusion is not always genetic and can be caused by trauma or not enough roughage to grind down the teeth or that with regular trimming the bunny can lead a normal life :(

And the kid will grow up bad mouthing breeders and ignorant of the causes of malocclusion so when her next rabbit or a friends developes the condition they'll blame it allll on poor breeding and bad breeders

and the cycle continues

JenerationX":1pmwy72g said:
:hmm: So, what does she tell the kid? "The breeder says that we're not entitled to a refund (says so right on the contract), so I'm going to kill your bunny because it injured its teeth sometime between when we bought it and now." Makes sense. :cuckoo:
This made me laugh!! Ha.... but no, shed only say that if she was honest. She will make up a lie to brain wash her kid.

Latest posts

Back