Am. Chin. Buns...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share DH's bunnies, the American Chins. They have the calmest dispositions of all our rabbits so far.... Just slightly nosey... loves scritchees. So glad he got them !!!

Attachments

• 004 - Copy.JPG
    004 - Copy.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 1,006
Yes. The one in front is the doe. The buck is a tiny bit more reserved... so he stayed back. We have a short period of time before we Have to separate them. It's just been so cold, i wanted them to be able to snuggle up for warmth. Thank You for the compliment !

Oh, they are my other favorite--I wish you could breed a chin and a red and get chins and reds--then I could have both! But...sigh...they come out agouti I believe...

yeah, cross a chin with another solid, you getagouti, BUT-- should be able to cross back to chin to getthe extra banding...

If you crossed the chin and red then bred the offspring together you'd get some reds, chins, and ermine/frosty/whatever you want to call a red based chinchilla. Nearly white rabbits with very light shading and dark eyes. Ermine wouldn't be common though.

Latest posts

Back