**Alert** Anyone wanting Altex....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
One of the few breeders, the one in Dublin, Texas (near Stephenville) has to liquidate his stock by March. Anyone interested, please contact me and lets try to get some of these spread around the state!

Shannon

Ohhhhhh. . . Don't tempt me like that! I HAVE to be good, especially after bringing home those Rex does! If you're going to be breeding them after we move into our own place, though (hopefully this fall), I sure would love to have some! I'll even give up my Cals if I have to!

Oaf,

you don't want to give up your Cals- you get an Altex buck to breed to your does and eat all the babies. They grow faster than pure Cals, NZ's, or Cal/NZ crosses. When you need new does, you breed your Cal to Cal. Altex does have poor mothering instincts, milk production, and are hard to get bred.

So-o-o, good news! You only need to get the one buck. Surely my sweet bro-in-law will be okay with that?

I am not giving up my Cals....that was Trinity Oaks....I wubs my Cals! I told you...my hubs has Galloping Rabbitosis....no cure! He won't care....LOL!

Oops- if you look at your avatars, both buns are positioned in pretty much the same way- I think my eyes may have scanned too quickly. Or it was too many white wabbits on one page, and I wost my pwace.

"Be vewwy kwiet...I'm hunting wabbits!"<br /><br />__________ Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 pm __________<br /><br />Seriously though, if you are interested, he is liquidating his stock that originates from Rabbit Research program at TAMUK (Dr. Stephen Lukefahr) for $15 a head. He has about 10 bucks and 10 does.

Wow- that's a weally good pwice! Wanna bwing me a buck on your working wacation this summer?

MamaSheepdog":2qx7r8my said:
Altex does have poor mothering instincts, milk production, and are hard to get bred.
Oh, wait! We're talking Altex, not Astrex! Although I REALLY hope someone continues the Altex research, it's the cute little Astrex "bunnies-that-look-like-lambs" that I was thinking of.

"Be vewwy kwiet...I'm hunting wabbits!"<br /><br />__________ Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 pm __________<br /><br />Seriously though, if you are interested, he is liquidating his stock that originates from Rabbit Research program at TAMUK (Dr. Stephen Lukefahr) for $15 a head. He has about 10 bucks and 10 does.
I need a buck

Back