Ages to show in junior class in ARBA

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R Wild Hare Rabbitry":g9j13bjs said:
What is the age group for showing in the junior class in ARBA shows?

Normal age is Under 6 months. on the day they turn6 months, they become either a 6/8 or a Senior depending on breed.

Just to add some confusion to the mix... if a rabbit exceeds the maximum weight for a junior... they can usually be shown in the next class Up....Most breed standards will give the weight range for the different age classes.

At our last show... we had a lovely doe DQed for overweight as a 6/8... she was only a few days shy of Senior age...i Never thought to check weight !

Random is correct it is 6 months. If you give us a breed we can give you an exact answer. If a Jr is heavy you can show them in the Sr class. You can go up a class but never show down. So a rabbit over 6 months of age the day of show can never be shown as a Jr.

I've always seen and heard it by weight not by age. That varies by breed.

Under 19, and the youngest age is 5, but a child under 5 can show in Open. I was speaking to a judge at a show, and his daughter had been showing from age 3 in Open classes.

Back