ages fryers vs stewers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demamma

Reaction score
What are the basic weights and ages for fryers and strewers. I have someone who wants to buy four fryers and two stewers. I have two adult bucks processed a few 3 month olds and some young ones.

Hmm, I typically process anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks l, thats when they're considered fryers, after that I know they're called roasters, but I'm not sure what age you would consider one a stewer, technically. I did process out a 10 month old, and she went In to the crock pot, but I don't know what the cut off age would be from roaster to stewer. I assume somewhere around 4-6 months old? Maybe closer to 4? No clue on the stewer, sorry.

Maybe they meant roaster?

Thanks for the reply. Well I think I will call the 3 month olds roasters under that fryers and adult stewers. Now he wants the two older rabbits also. After tomorrows sale the rabbit sales will have covered two months feed. I sold some breeders this month so things are looking up. I also have someone wanting to buy my pelts. Now if my raw whole rabbits sale I will be very happy.

Back