After birth care...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBounce

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm curious... is it normal for there to be a little bit of continued bleeding after kindling?
If so, how much is too much or too long?

Thanks!

I never noticed continued bleeding after birth but I also only ever caught one giving birth and the rest I saw 12-24hrs later. We did have a 2year old give birth to her first litter and remain too swollen and in pain to take care of them. We had to get some metacam from the vet.

Sometimes there's a little extra bleeding with some of my does. Just enough so that I notice but not so much that I get concerned. Usually always gone within a day or so. Make sure she has plenty of nice clean water all the time. I use water bottles but add a crock of water right after they kindle and keep it in the pen until the little ones start coming out of the nestbox. (Then I add another water bottle and lower both of them for the babies.)

if stops within 48 hours not a big deal (if just spotting). If doing more than spotting and continues past 24 hours I'd be getting concerned.

Thanks for the peace of mind folks...
I was thinking it wasn't too big of a deal if it was just spotting, but this is only our second litter ever in the house and the first kindling happened while we were on vacation. So I believe we didn't see the mama and kits until they were about 3 days old.

katelbaile":25uek6ta said:
What vitamins do you give your pets after giving birth?
None... :(
Can you tell me what you give yours and I'll buy some today!

I'm new to bunnies (bought our first in April). My bunnies eat grass hay and alfalfa pellets and veggie treats for playtime.

If you're feeding a good pellet, those should be sufficient
in vitamins.

As for the blood, it takes some does a little longer
to clean themselves after kindling. Some also 'weep'
small amounts of blood after giving birth.

That should cease after a day or two.

grumpy.

Thanks grumpy.
We're back from a little mini-vacation before the kids return to school Monday.
House sitter did a great job and the babies and mama look fantastic!

Attachments

• Pink's kits 1.4.14web.jpg
    Pink's kits 1.4.14web.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 250
Back