ADVICE PLEASE!!!! Injured rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demamma":acgr98x9 said:
I find it odd that they are licking you. Could they have a mineral imbalance? Someone on here don't remember who almost lost her buck to it. Said he was always licking them. It's worth a try.

I think that was TrinityOaks. :hmm:

Good suggestion, Demamma. Try giving them a red mineral/salt lick Zass. The licking indicates they are craving salt. You can test the theory by washing your hands well to remove all traces of salt and see if they still lick you.

I do have salt and mineral licks in all my cages. They normally don't lick me. The second one just died in my hands about 30 min ago. I cut here open and took pics, but i don't know what I'm looking for or what is what for that matter. Is there any place i can post pics?

I'm so sorry you lost another kit! :cry:

You can add the pictures to this thread with an edit to your title with a warning such as "Graphic Pics". Or you can start a new thread in Rabbit Care (with a warning) and link to this thread so people can read the story leading up to the deaths.

Some members will no longer want to view a thread with the "Graphic" warning, so starting a new one might be best.

beckyhuff314":pr2estrs said:
So I am really at a loss here. This morning I went out to check on all the the bunnies and the 3 babies that were left all came up and we licking me through the cage. That was at 8:15am. Well around 9:30 something told me to go check them again and I found one more baby with the same symptoms as Dr Watson had. She is breathing and looking around and trying hard to move but can't. I moved the other 2 out of garage and into separate cages. Please someone what could this be???? I have looked online and can't find find anything that this could be. When/if this one passes I will cut her open but I don't know what to look for.

sound a lot like what I had with my 4 week olds, they where fine one minute, then they where laying on the ground, all but 3 died (out of 7)
my kits weren't liking me though.
I never figured out what is was...

MamaSheepdog":2m43bz9z said:
Just copy and paste this:

advice-please-t18631.html

Apparently that doesn't work- you need to copy and paste from the header. I fixed the link in your new post.

Latest posts

Back