Added to the Rabbit House! **Photos Added!**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonSpiritMom

Reaction score
I purchased 2 new does this week! Brought them home yesterday!

I bought a 2 year old Californian/Flemish cross doe who had a litter of 12 and raised them all really well. She's sweet as pie and pretty mellow. She has the Cali colouring! and she was bred before i took her home to an Agouti coloured buck.. so I'll get some interesting colours in her litter in April (due between April 17th-22nd since she was bred a few times before i brought her home)

I also bought a Giant Chin/Flemish Cross, 8 months old, never been bred. She's dark! very pretty. a bit skittish, but once she's in your arms, she's pretty paid back. and she's big...I need both arms wrapped around her to hold her weight. I'd say she's 10 lbs maybe 11. I wont bred her right away as I don't have the cage space for a 4th litter. So I'll let my starting does and the cali have thier litters and raise them up for me.. put those in a grow out pen, then bred the Chin Doe, and 2 other does... I'll only have 3 does bred at a time.. i can't handle much more then that right now. I still have to build a rabbit tractor to let them graze on the lawn (no pesticides, we live out in the boonies) I'll build more grow out cages to eventually.

My hubby saw the Chin Doe's photo online and practically BEGGED me to buy her! "she'll do nicely as a broad doe... and look! she's soo pretty!" come to find him in the rabbit house this morning cuddling the chin and baby talking her up..

WE've named the Chin Doe .. "Chin" (or Chinny as hubby calls her..) and the Cali doe is "Chong" a play on Cheech and Chong" but i call The Cali "Hunny" lol Anyways! I'll post photos tomorrow!

i just have to get them off my phone and on to my computer then up loaded to photobucket... They will be up later today.

__________ Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:02 pm __________

Our Chinchilla cross doe "Chinny"

<br /><br /> __________ Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:08 pm __________ <br /><br /> Our California/New Zealand Cross 2 years old, bred to a agouti coloured buck... i should be getting harlequin coloured Kits out of that breeding.

Really pleased with this doe, she's docile and just easy to handle.

Latest posts

Back