Acute Rabbitosis Intensifies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
Dear me.
I do believe I feel an acute attack of Rabbitosis coming on.
The silkies have been evicted from the aviary, to provide an exercise area or grow out pen.
I have been eyeballing the chicken's run in hopes of installing several large hanging cages for does with older kits.
Additionally, I have an overwhelming desire to turn the cat-coop into a colony.
Help!

I'm so sorry, but no one can help you now. There is no cure for rabbitosis. Resistance is futile, once it has you in its grasp. The good news is that it is never fatal and you may even experience occasional remissions. The bad news is that it always comes back. You must learn to live with this most unfortunate affliction.

Poor LilFish! It's one thing to be afflicted later in life, but the poor dear has her whole life before her! <Sniff> Sounds as though she's spent half her life mucking about with rabbits as it is.

I have resigned myself to my fate, Maggie. 'Twill be a struggle to go on- but I will persevere. Thank goodness RT has a fine support group of other sufferers. Misery does love company.

Miss M- be sure to post pics of your NZB when you get them, lol!

Barn cats are tough, especially in a land where you can wear tank tops at Christmas. Go for the colony!!

And NZ come in blue now? I dream of a broken NZ in any color. I love my cals, but ooooh colorful nest boxes. How awesome would that be? I just can't seem to find any close enough to sneak one under hubby's radar.

I know!!! I love colorful nest boxes! Somebody on here is breeding broken NZRs, and they're so cute!

NZs come in white, red, blue, black, and -- very recently -- broken!!!

I'm not sure where I will find a NZ Blue... when I'm ready, I'll contact LRBA (state ARBA).

I have chickentosis! Thank goodness they don't put out rabbit catalogs or have eBay auctions for popples.

kotapony":2k422xwq said:
Barn cats are tough, especially in a land where you can wear tank tops at Christmas. Go for the colony!!
Enabler!!! :lol:

:cat: :ban: :cat: The barn cats are hissing and spitting with indignation, and call for your banishment!

PulpFaction":1ywet5xk said:
I have chickentosis! Thank goodness they don't put out rabbit catalogs or have eBay auctions for popples.

I love anything with fur or feathers.

I was reading on the HT horse forum, and someone said (paraphrasing): ever notice how when someone asks about a horse problem the solution is always to add another horse? Seems like here the answer is always to add another rabbit. Or three or four... :lol:

LOL! I keep wanting to add chickens and goats, but city-boy hubby is already freaking out about the rabbits! At least I have the breeds I want (unless someone comes up with some REALLY nice Astrex at LEAST a year from now).

trinityoaks":1keg6tij said:
LOL! I keep wanting to add chickens and goats, but city-boy hubby is already freaking out about the rabbits! At least I have the breeds I want (unless someone comes up with some REALLY nice Astrex at LEAST a year from now).
Tell him you want some alpacas and emus. He'll be glad to settle for goats and chickens. :twisted:

hoodat":2aibkvs5 said:
Tell him you want some alpacas and emus. He'll be glad to settle for goats and chickens. :twisted:
especially once the purchase price of a pair of alpaca is revealed! (unless you already have a herd, they are sold in "packages")

We used to raise alpaca in early 2000, and the prices were insane! The market is way down, especially in our area, but anyone would be crazy to buy into that market right now.......unless you want a cheap fiber animal for your own use.

I want a broken black/white NZ in the worst way! :D :pinkbunny: Just one, and I'd be satisfied! :lol:

Latest posts

Back