Ack! It happened again!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommaofmany

Reaction score
There was a free bunny sign at the vet when I was bringing my turtle in.

black dutch male free to good home. She thinks he is not fixed and that he is about 2 yrs old. That he is a house rabbit and loves cuddling.

My daughter has wanted a dutch since we started looking into rabbits/ 4H.

So now we're up to 9, with plans to breed. *sigh*

Lol! What's one more, right? :mrgreen:

He will have testicles if he isn't neutered. That is, if he is indeed a boy. A lot of people don't actually know the sex of their rabbits.

I know how you feel. Not sure why I went on Craigslist but I saw a free NZ white doe that I am very tempted to message about to go with my Californian buck. If I had the room set aside for another rabbit I would have already messaged them.

amandainohio24":ju5r3r4i said:
I know how you feel. Not sure why I went on Craigslist but I saw a free NZ white doe that I am very tempted to message about to go with my Californian buck. If I had the room set aside for another rabbit I would have already messaged them.

I told my husband, I am only going to get if it is not fixed and it comes with a cage.

Well, it comes with a dog crate, but also a 6 ft circumference play yard, and they don't believe he is fixed.

In the future, is there anything I need to worry about as far my letting my rabbits play? We barely cut our grass nevermind put chemicals on it.

amandainohio24":1bchk0dl said:

That is probably my does. They are 4 and 5 years old and cant get them to breed. I may have some younger ones available later on

JessicaR":24qcgsgn said:
That is probably my does. They are 4 and 5 years old and cant get them to breed. I may have some younger ones available later on
I thought it might have been your does and your holland lop buck in the post. With our baby explosion that we have had (seriously, 29 babies is definitely an explosion!) has wiped out all of our cage space for the time being. We are going to need to find a doe for the kids to use as a market rabbit project in 4-H (they will be taking a fryer if I remember correctly from last years information). Will you have any breeding age available in say, 2 months?

I do have 1 doe that will be 6 months old by April (breeding time for meat pen) message me on facebook, so we don't clutter up the op's thread :)

its a broken black mutt, SO disappointed and not really willing to keep it

mommaofmany":3nhh60k3 said:
its a broken black mutt, SO disappointed and not really willing to keep it

One word. Well, emoticon, anyway... :dinner:

At least you got a crate and an exercise run out of the deal. :)

Do you want to breed purebred dutch? If you are just doing crossbreeds or unpedigreed anyway there's no reason not to keep a good tempered rabbit for breeding pets. Show buyers won't buy unpedigreed rabbits very often even if they do match the breed. Most pet buyers don't care if it matches a specific breed. They just want cute, usually small, good tempered rabbits.

It is really shaggy and I just don't like how it looks. ( that is awful isn't it)

He came with a large dog crate and is used to having run of the house.

IMG_20140117_135841_301.jpg

could he be a broken dutch? If you look at him the coloring is only in the area of the dutch markings <br /><br /> __________ Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:59 am __________ <br /><br /> We clipped his horrendously long nails today and checked his gender. My husband told him he had impressively large testicles, lol!

Back