about ACV vinegar

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the time. When I fill my 5 gallon bucket, I add the appropriate amount of ACV to the water I'm adding. I use somewhere between 1.5 and 2tbsp per gallon.

I use 1.5 tablespoons per gallon for rabbits in QT, mothers and babies to prevent mastitis (learned that from goat info), I'm planning to use it on growouts to boost immune system after that virus I had sweep my place I figure its worth a try.
Yep there are 16 cups in a gallon. :)

I use it for all my rabbits. The bucks get a bit of ginger root every week, in addition.

Just to comfirm, Mary Ann, a gallon is 16 cups or 128 fluid ounces. That's what we used to call an American gallon, since you and I grew up with the Imperial system of measurements. An Imperial gallon is 160 fluid ounces, but since the coming of metric, it is no longer used officially.

BTW, 4 litres is very close to one American gallon. For the purposes of adding ACV, they are interchangeable, so if you are reusing 4 litre vinegar jugs, they work fine.

thanks again Maggie.. I was doing it wrong the first time.. because we use metric here.. Once I convert it .. that was when I notice it was wrong.. everyone is getting it right now.. even the pigs and the dogs are getting some.. I notice when I filled up the rabbit bowls with the water that had the right amount of acv in it.. boy,, they just drank it up.. but then again it is a bit warmer today.. The one doe.. went over a smell the water and start to lick it up.. they seems to really like it... I found that weird.. Maybe the two does that I cant seem to breed.Will breed later on.. Here is to hoping.

I'm having major breeding problems in my colony since July. At first I thought the buck was just heat sterile... but now I'm thinking it is something else. I was about to send all seven to freezer camp and start fresh, but maybe I will try tweaking their supplements (ACV. Blackstrap, sprouts) and give them a final chance. The colony was working great until early summer, but something is definitely not working now.

You're right about the water being different. Our water is very high in calcium because of the limestone bedrock... Also have some iron, which discolors the sinks, etc. I'm very glad we do not have sulfur, since I really dislike the smell of it.

Ginger root is used for infertility in bucks. I used it last January because my rabbits are always slow to get started in the spring. Neither my bucks or my does would be at all interested until late February at the earliest then I read about Ginger root and started giving it in mid January.
The instructions I got were give a piece about the size of a quarter daily and I gave it daily to the bucks and because the girls were jealous I gave them either some greens or every couple of days some ginger root.
So I did it for 2 weeks and wow, what a difference! I had bunnies born March 1st.
It says for bucks only but I have never had such cooperative girls before I'm trying that again! LOL
I just got some the other day so I think I'll do what bobqdevon does and give it once a week thru the winter. :)

wow, didn't know that ginger root is good for them... thanks for the info... do you just feed it to them straight? I might just have problems making my buck to eat it since he's picky

MaggieJ":mihq1uep said:
I guess I better add ginger root to my shopping list. Something is definitely not working here.

Me too ... in hopes it works on does too. Ive got a couple that just refuse to cooperate.

Latest posts

Back