A small glimpse into boredom and the workings of my brain...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobqdevon

Reaction score
So, I enjoy watching the show "Doomsday Preppers" as I think to myself, "Who in their right mind would announce to the world what they have, where they have it, and how they will or will not defend it".

So, today, sitting here in my boredom, I got to thinking about a nuclear event occurring. Under that circumstance, potassium iodide is recommended for people to help protect against the effects. Then I got to thinking about all the "preppers" and what would be their plan to protect their animals in a nuclear event. If their meat supply is destroyed, how would they continue?

Welcome to the insane inner workings of my brain. Feel free to ignore the rambling lol

:lol:

I've never seen the show, but I agree... it's crazy to tell the world so much!

As far as animals and potassium iodide... I have no idea!

bobqdevon":3nap7jdc said:
Then I got to thinking about all the "preppers" and what would be their plan to protect their animals in a nuclear event. If their meat supply is destroyed, how would they continue?

I would take my bow & arrow and go kill me some more meat. Until then I would live off the the land. Then I would go to the local Walmart - cause we all know if TEOTWAWKI happens Walmart will survive. :)

bobqdevon":16z98mf0 said:
So, I enjoy watching the show "Doomsday Preppers" as I think to myself, "Who in their right mind would announce to the world what they have, where they have it, and how they will or will not defend it".

So, today, sitting here in my boredom, I got to thinking about a nuclear event occurring. Under that circumstance, potassium iodide is recommended for people to help protect against the effects. Then I got to thinking about all the "preppers" and what would be their plan to protect their animals in a nuclear event. If their meat supply is destroyed, how would they continue?

Welcome to the insane inner workings of my brain. Feel free to ignore the rambling lol

LOL! There was one guy that announced that his "preps" were stealing the stuff of other preppers.

Yeah, sure come right on ahead! Make sure you've got your tombstone and cemetery plot paid for. :gun:

Oh, concreteblonde, you didn't hear about that guy? He got busted. Felon in possession of firearms. He won't be taking anybody's anything.

bobqdevon":1mbamffh said:
Oh, concreteblonde, you didn't hear about that guy? He got busted. Felon in possession of firearms. He won't be taking anybody's anything.

Cool!

No, I didn't hear about him because I don't watch the show. I heard originally second hand.

I've still got an old tv and one of those boxy thingies. Local channels.

Oh goodness gracious! Thanks for the link! It's always nice when a perv gets put back in jail and off the streets.

bobqdevon":21ad782w said:

I wondered that, too. I also wondered about all the people who had a backpack and a storage unit full of preps. What happens if an asteroid falls on your city? :indy-jones:

Many of them "Doomsday Preppers" don't even have livestock. The idea of living off only what I could put away in jars and boxes really disturbs me.

bobqdevon":32sdp010 said:
http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/01/doomsday-prepper-convicted-felon-tyler-smith-jailed-illegal-firearms/

You just made my day ... week ... month. He was horrible on the show. Gave all preppers a bad name. He's right where he belongs.

RJSchaefer":2sgp0djh said:
bobqdevon":2sgp0djh said:

I wondered that, too. I also wondered about all the people who had a backpack and a storage unit full of preps. What happens if an asteroid falls on your city? :indy-jones:

Many of them "Doomsday Preppers" don't even have livestock. The idea of living off only what I could put away in jars and boxes really disturbs me.

Sometimes these bugout people disturb me in general. I prep. I own livestock and I grow a garden. I expect I'll probably be helping my neighbors if something happens.

The bugout guys, who are they planning to help? Now it is understadable that if there was a hurricane or earthquake that messed up the entire town you could take your backpack with you and get to a safe place, but I don't see that as the reason I prep. The reason I prep is because I don't like what I see going on in our nation politically, financially, socially, there's a lot of bad stuff happening and I'd prefer not to be in the middle of it if something goes down.

Karen Hudes is all Pollyanna on Forbes and youtube. Thinking that we'll get things back on track and everything will be hunky dory and perhaps she needs to tell herself this so that she doesn't lose it; however, she also says plainly that if we don't get turned around that we can expect gold backwardation, hyperinflation, shortages on everything (because we are so dependent on imports) and a host of other problems.

If an asteroid hits, I'll not worry about it because I'll be dead. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:03 pm __________ <br /><br /> OH...PS. Karen Hudes worked for the World Bank and is a whistleblower along with a bunch of other attorneys that also let their countries know what was going on.

The guy, Tyler Smith, that got arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm. The Survivalists I know call him a Pirate. He is not the only Pirate, but he is the only one who went and announced it to the world. IMHO they are all thieves and none want to show up at my front door. We will shoot first and ask questions later, maybe and if we feel like it.

If the world was to end, we have some things in place to manage without being dependent on the government. We also know others that are near that have supplies and skills that would trade with us for our supplies and skills. Not that I worry about the world ending.

Oh and Bob's brain is even weirder than he lets on. Believe me. I know first hand. 10 years of marriage lets you see a person's true self....

Fernie":3he55k7s said:
The guy, Tyler Smith, that got arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm. The Survivalists I know call him a Pirate. He is not the only Pirate, but he is the only one who went and announced it to the world. IMHO they are all thieves and none want to show up at my front door. We will shoot first and ask questions later, maybe and if we feel like it.

If the world was to end, we have some things in place to manage without being dependent on the government. We also know others that are near that have supplies and skills that would trade with us for our supplies and skills. Not that I worry about the world ending.

Oh and Bob's brain is even weirder than he lets on. Believe me. I know first hand. 10 years of marriage lets you see a person's true self....

I take it Bob is your other half? Yeah, it's not good to talk much about the weirdness in our spouses brains.

"I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested." :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile:

Fernie":3rnbzwli said:
10 years of marriage lets you see a person's true self....

So does making them use a computer with a slow internet connection... :laugh: :razz2:

Sorry, I usually respond with more brain cells engaged. Hubby was trying to talk to me while I was responding. :evil:

concreteblonde":3h1wo0d5 said:
Sometimes these bugout people disturb me in general.

The bugout guys, who are they planning to help?

The bugout bag has two functions.

1. It is your "carry bag". What if a disaster strikes and you are far from home? All of your supplies are there, and you need to be able to survive until you can make it back.

2. What if the government itself comes for you? I personally don't want an extended vacation at Camp FEMA. :paranoid:

TV had been doing it's part to make concerned or prepared citizens seem like thieves and crazies. :roll:

It's just the standard way to control public opinion.

I prepare for anything unexpected by learning everything I can, and by practicing those skills.
Yeah we have basic supplies, but who wouldn't these days? Disasters hit all the time. Who wants no water during an emergency?

Zass":3vg4r6yd said:
TV had been doing it's part to make concerned or prepared citizens seem like thieves and crazies. :roll:

It's just the standard way to control public opinion.

I prepare for anything unexpected by learning everything I can, and by practicing those skills.
Yeah we have basic supplies, but who wouldn't these days? Disasters hit all the time. Who wants no water during an emergency?

The person and people we are talking about as thieves. Their entire plan if things go south is to go and kick in doors and take what they want need by force. They have no supplies for themselves, except for guns and ammo. They plan to survive TEOTWAWKI by robbing, kidnapping, killing etc.... Most of them admit it it their entire plan for survival. They plan to become criminals to survive.

MamaSheepdog":j56i04mg said:
concreteblonde":j56i04mg said:
Sometimes these bugout people disturb me in general.

The bugout guys, who are they planning to help?

The bugout bag has two functions.

1. It is your "carry bag". What if a disaster strikes and you are far from home? All of your supplies are there, and you need to be able to survive until you can make it back.

2. What if the government itself comes for you? I personally don't want an extended vacation at Camp FEMA. :paranoid:

My understanding of a "bugout" bag is that you take it with you when you leave your home after something happens. But maybe that's not the generally understood meaning of it.

Otherwise they would be like huge man purses and everybody would look at those suckers and think "boston bomber".

concreteblonde":13sz6ihe said:
My understanding of a "bugout" bag is that you take it with you when you leave your home after something happens. But maybe that's not the generally understood meaning of it.

Otherwise they would be like huge man purses and everybody would look at those suckers and think "boston bomber".

Everybody I know that have BOBs ( bug out bags ) have one they keep in their car, one in the house, one at work..... All have supplies for a few days so you can get to a safe place.

Personally we have BOBs for each of us that are here at home. When we go out we toss them in the vehicle. They have emergency supplies. a blanket, flashlight, batteries, change of clothes, snack foods, water ( changed regularly ), basic med kit, things to assist us to survive if we were to break down far from home.

Being in the Great white frozen north this time of year what others consider a BOB is for us emergency winter survival bag.

Latest posts

Back