A reality check...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertcat

Reaction score
And I return to earth with a thud! The processor just called to let me know I need to pick up my 1/2 of the family steer...and my freezer is full!! My sister & I split a big order of frozen fruit since we're both low on jam, it's still in there. Along with 3 gal of frozen goat milk for my cheese fix, and several gallons of ice for the bunnies, and (oh yikes!) about 20 lbs of apricots from our last crop.

I've known all that stuff needed to be dealt with, but I kept saying I'd get to it this summer. And then the season gets right and I get a whomping case of rabbitosis! Which is why DH & I are hitting the road this weekend and why "later" has become "right now"!

Anybody want to come make jam today?!? (or tomorrow :stirpot2: )

If I was in TX, I would come help. I love making jam.

Maybe ask the processor to hold on it to for another few days in exchange for some homemade jelly?

Processor's being patient until Wed and then he needs the space. I've gotten the jars into the dishwasher and found the speaker for my iPod, so I'm making progress!

I'm to far away too but we can all cheer you on! :D :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

You can do it! :cheerleader:

__________ Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:43 pm __________

....Or.... you could just buy another freezer... :twisted:<br /><br />__________ Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm __________<br /><br />Maybe dehydrate some, if you have a dehydrator.

Another freezer would be a bandaid! Knowing me it would be the same scenario next summer...oops!! I've gotten 2batches of strawberry jam done and arranged a good home for the remains of last year's steer.

I really, really want a nap!

It sounds like you need...

...a BBQ! :lol:

That was my solution to quickly emptying out my freezers, because I was ALWAYS in the same position.

Big party at Desertcat's! Road trip!

Lots of beef, and yummy fruity desserts!

I can bring my yummy mayo-less coleslaw :)

*sends Desertcat energy and some canning jars*

Wow sounds like you're in a jam :mrgreen:

Seriously though, have fun! Mmm, I think i'm going to go make some toast...

Fire up the cook stove, get a big bag of sugar and some pectin and you're set. :) Oh yeah.. you do have to wash all those jars.

Got paraffin or are you doing lids?

Did lids. I may (almost) be through sorting all the jars that I've inherited over the years! Ran out of pectin last night about time I was getting tired of the whole sticky project, so I'm trying to talk myself out of the bunny barn and back into the kitchen...not having great success! Tomorrow I'm road tripping to get the beef and then it's time to clean the chicken coop so my zoo sitter won't have a fit. And then we get to go get more bunnies. :up:

If I was still there, I would TOTALLY come over and help you! I'm 11 hours away now, though. . .

I hear you! I was up at midnight trying to pack our half of a calf into my freezers. I have meats tucked into every available cranny. The bunny bottles had to be sacrificed and today is 105!!! I did still have some small ice bottles and this afternoon I managed to rearrange to get just enough space for some more small bottles, but they are in the door, which doesn't freeze very fast. I guess I'm going to have to eat the ice cream taking up so much space in there :p<br /><br />__________ Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm __________<br /><br />
Marinea":22pamt0y said:
Big party at Desertcat's! Road trip!

Lots of beef, and yummy fruity desserts!

I can bring my yummy mayo-less coleslaw :)

*sends Desertcat energy and some canning jars*

Sounds like a plan...I have a lot of extra eggs because I haven't been home long enough to cook any of them, so I can bring deviled eggs!!! :D

Back