A Rabbit is a Rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainrabbits

Reaction score
I was browsing craiglist and came across this http://medford.craigslist.org/grd/2186724413.html "The picture below is not the rabbits but hey a rabbit is a rabbit."
All I could think was what the hey? I couldn't imagine using a picture that was not the rabbit(s) or even related in any kind of advertisement...if it's for a pet how are you supposed to know what sort of rabbit it is and how big it's going to get? Or for meat-the same thing? How do you know it's worthwhile to even call? What are the warning signs in ads for rabbits? What have you come across? Any good ads?

Hey mountainrabbits,
if the seller is not willing to give
proper information I would not bother
making the trip. Who needs a wild Goose chase
there are just way too many opportunities
to purchase from a reputable breeder.
What has this seller got to hide?
Things that make you say, Hmmm!
If you really think it's worth a shot, it's your Dime,
I mean [$10.00] ten dollars.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

He shot a cute pic of one rabbit out of a litter of all black kits, sold that one, and is too lazy to shoot another? That'd be my guess. He's a backyard breeder who has no idea that rabbits are so variable and he doesn't know what he has--mutts, and no idea that rabbits are anything but. It IS in Oregon, and it IS only $10...I grew up there, I'm allowed to say that. :lol:

Good grief!! I came across something like that on Kijiji. it was for """"**MICRO PIGS**""" (note quotes) however the add had a couple pics of newborn and I mean newborn piglets that I think were off the internet, plus a link to a website that had a few more generic pics of newborns and one link to a shady operation in Kentucky that sells every thing on 4 legs that's previously "unheard of" or ""rare" including rabbits. I think I may have posted this link to the Kentucky site here in regards to 'plush lops"

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-pets-live...-FOR-SALE-NEW-LITTER-MARCH-W0QQAdIdZ257105959
They want somewhere in the neigbourhood of 2500$$$ for them too, although they come spayed or neutered!!! (which probably cost nothing as they most likely did the males themselves)chances are I bet there won't be any females available either haha. Adds like that I would just stay away no matter the price.

I wasn't planning on buying them I was just wowed by the ad...I did advertising in high school and a ton of work with flyers for events etc so it amazes me what people get away with putting in their ads trying to sell something or get you to come to an event without really giving any information at all :shock:

I have thriantas, and most of the craigslist type adds are for pets, I don't bother learning the jr.s until I tat and decide who to keep, so I usually do a pretty pic of one of the grands, and post the litter pic, I don't bother to do indiviuals, you want to buy a pet, you get choice of male or female, you want to pay breed price and buy the pedigree, then you get to pick. And I'll take the time to do 3 shot set (front, side and back) of the rabbits.

BTW, my wife who is around them, can't tell them apart

Back