A Pole Barn!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HRanchito

Reaction score
Here are the plans for the pole barn we're going to build. We're going to try and get the poles and roof up before the snows hit, and build out the stalls and the loft later. (I might get a few walls for the rabbitry, though.) Next year, we'll be getting a few babydoll sheeps, and we'll have some space if we wanna go nuts and get an alpaca or a goat or something. I just wanted to share cuz it's exciting! We just need to do some major excavation in the couch cushions etc. to fund it.

This design was made in Tinkercad, btw

Attachments

• polebarn.JPG
    polebarn.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 528
ChickiesnBunnies":2vwpkg4g said:
Why the double roof?

Not sure of the exact reason they're made like that, but it's gotta help with providing ventilation around the ceiling area. Around here, I'd put screen wire up there, as well as on the sides to try and control mosquitos.

Looks good. I like all the storage. I never have enough storage.

The only concern I would have looking at the mock up is the tallest poles don't seem to carry through to the top where the rafters apex. I would really want those rafters fastened directly to the support poles.

Maybe the tops of the poles are just capped in the mock up?

My husband designed it -- I need to pull him aside for a Q & A session!

Bet the double roof is for Ventilation , be good in the summer time so the hot air has someplace to go.Good Idea for the mosquitos
VERY Nice !!!!!!!!!!
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Back