A Pair-a-Popples! Update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HRanchito

Reaction score
First official Bar H popples! I get to put it on the pedigrees and everything! I thought the doe missed, but now it all makes sense that I couldn't feel anything. The girl's a hefty 9 pounds, so it must have been a really easy pregnancy. She's a real expert. She doesn't particularly get why she has to live in such a low-class barn, next to a chicken coop of all places (she is a very classy show bunny) but she really knows how to take care of a litter.

I'm guessing that the lighter one's a chocolate agouti, cause it's got a lighter belly. I thought the dam didn't carry self at all, though, so the black one is confusing me. Mom's a REW and her last litter she threw choc agoutis, fawns, and REWs. (I was hoping for a black agouti so it would look like Lindsey's Pumpkin) The sire is a black too, though, so I guess it would make sense. Comments on color? Have I got it all figured out?

Attachments

• popples.jpg
    popples.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 463
Yup! The black ones do tend to get a ton of sheen, so i'm excited to see this one fur out. Filling in some letters on the genotypes!

__________ Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:20 pm __________

They sure are cute - the chocolate agouti is a buck and the black is a doe. Here's a pic of my bunny slippers

Attachments

• slippers.JPG
    slippers.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 374
  • staredown.JPG
    staredown.JPG
    411.2 KB · Views: 374
  • choccy.JPG
    choccy.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 374
Congratulations on your first official popples! They are wonderful! Can't wait until we get some this fall, very exciting.

Looking forward to watching them grow through your updates and pictures!

Cuteness overload! :lol:<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 pm __________<br /><br />

Too cute! I love the chocolate agoutis but i love the chestnut better. I need to breed my doe of my current litter to my other buck next time so she won't have chocolates although i do love chocolates!

Do you wear mismatched socks, too?

Adorable babies! I love them both. The shading on the chocolate is so pretty!

Back