A little up date on some exciting news!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl9768

Reaction score
Today I got with a great lionhead breeder in my area (take a look at her stock on her wedsite! She has some amazing stuff)http://www.aspenleafrabbitry.com/
Well any how we picked out an amazing little doe that I will be breed to one of aspeanleafs BEW bucks. Cant wait to see what I get!!

Also we are wanting to get some giant breed of rabbit to keep as a house pet for my little sister. The whole idea of fixing, litter training, and keeping a rabbit inside is all a little odd to me but I like the idea way better then a cat!(sorry a cat made me parshaly blind in one eye so im not to fawnd) but what do you guys think would be best? English lop, french lop, flemish, anything else.

I'm starting the vet. tech program at front range college next week! pretty exsited for that.

I got kicked in the leg by my horse, any magic tricks to get the swelling down.

Well I think thats about it! Any exciting new that any one else wants to share?

Those are some beautiful lionheads she has! :)

English lops require extra care for their extra-long ears. Flemish are called "Gentle Giants", apparently with very good reason.

Congratulations on the schooling! :p

Horse kick, all I can think of is elevation, ice, ibuprofen, and time.

cowgirl9768":237zar5e said:
I got kicked in the leg by my horse, any magic tricks to get the swelling down.
Look in a health food store for arnica gel or cream. That stuff can work wonders on bumps and bruises!

Otherwise, sounds like you've got some great news! :)

I would do the ice, ibuprofen, and staying off that leg, but my mom swears by some stuff called "trauma oil" she gets at the healthfood store. I haven't looked to see what herbs or whatever is in it.

I've never hurd of arnica gel or trauma oil... I'll look into it though!! Good to know about the English lops!!

cowgirl9768":axo63w25 said:
I've never hurd of arnica gel
You can get arnica in a cream, gel, or oil, whichever works best for you. If you can't find it anywhere locally, you can order arnica oil from Mountain Rose Herbs (www.mountainroseherbs.com), or alternatively, you can make your own from arnica flowers and olive oil (I would order arnica flowers from Monterrey Bay Spice Company at http://www.herbco.com - MRH seems to frequently be out of stock on them), but it takes six weeks to make it unless you heat-infuse it, which I generally don't prefer. Arnica oil (finished) can be made into a salve by adding some melted beeswax to it and letting it re-solidify.

I've heard really good things from several people about English lops as indoor pets! They are so elegant and lovely. A lady i know loves hers. They are more placid as a whole then Flemish in my opinion.

Flemish can make wonderful indoor pets too. They should have a happy laid back nature..but that can vary (atleast in my area) so you have to pick from a line that breeds for this...not just size. Nothing worse then a big butted bun with a crappy attitude. Flemish when young are also quite active in a goofy way (think Great Dane puppy). But they do settle with age. My main Flemish buck was very clean when kept indoors. He loved to lay stretched out across the back of the sofa and is interactive with our family. I've also had a huge doe that liked to lay on her back between our legs while watching t.v. and getting her belly rubbed.

Hope your leg feels better. My mom was kicked above her ankle by one of our horses. She had to keep it up on a chair for a week. Everytime she'd put it down it swelled back up.

I want an aspenleaf lionhead SOOOOOOO bad, but what she charges, ugh, I just can't afford when you put in transport.

You picked a great breeder to get your lionhead from. She has some very beautiful ones that come out of her barn.

We breed English Lops & Flemish Giants. I love them both but if I had to pick just one to keep inside I would pick English Lops (don't tell my Flemish Giants). I love both of their personalities but I think English Lops love the attention more. When mine are out playing they always come to me & beg for lovings instead of running around for the whole time.
We don't have to do anything special with their ears other than keep their nails trimmed.

Bad Habit":1ifnpcps said:
I want an aspenleaf lionhead SOOOOOOO bad, but what she charges, ugh, I just can't afford when you put in transport.
Where do you live? Some times she will travel to shows all over. Also if you can find some one in your area who is driving out to get one of hers you could always get them to pick up one for you. Facebook is good for find those connections. I know one lady is delivering like 20 some rabbits from Suzanne on the way back to Arizona this month.

Latest posts

Back