A funny Rant on Animal rights activist!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right. He's very funny on the subject. Too bad the ARAs don't have a sense of humor.

I had not seen that one before, i just watched the whole thing, that is nuts. my buddy has a peta shirt that cracks me up, it says "people eating tasty animals"

Penn and Teller tell it the way it is. Colorful words and all.

Brad Stine was funny too!

And for the kiddos, understand, but I think the kiddos understand those "colorful" words better than some want to admit. lol

Karen

ZRabbits":j0uuj27n said:
And for the kiddos, understand, but I think the kiddos understand those "colorful" words better than some want to admit. lol

I'm sure many of the kids know all the words, but here at RT we want to model good behaviour and set high standards.

MaggieJ":34lbkwbi said:
ZRabbits":34lbkwbi said:

I'm sure many of the kids know all the words, but here at RT we want to model good behaviour and set high standards.

Good behaviour and high standards means no "colorful" words? Okie Dokie.

But have to say, Penn and Teller did get the "true" message across. Might not like the "colorful" words but definitely showing that there is no good behaviour or high standards set in the Animal Rights agenda. Just lies with a smile.

Just my opinion.

Karen

ETA: And shouldn't the parents of the kiddos be watching what their children are looking at on the internet? Just a thought.

I hear what Maggie is saying. Normally RT would be considered a safe site for youngsters that woudn't need to be monitored by parents.

hoodat":33mcdzp7 said:
I hear what Maggie is saying. Normally RT would be considered a safe site for youngsters that woudn't need to be monitored by parents.

Understand completely and agree, but also have to say, there will be some parents who don't want their children looking at butchered rabbits. Or hear about it, for example.

We all got to get along and sometimes there are messages out there that don't conform to anyone's beliefs. It happens. But it's still a message and still someone's way of life, which I respect.

Takes all kinds to make a world, and don't ever be surprised.

Karen

I think on the Penn and Teller link - I should at least have put a warning, that it had colorful language.
-- Posting the link would have been acceptable, with the warning???

Both links were very informative, but the P & T was a bit too "colorful" for my taste.

Kids today are inundated by foul language and low moral standards. Yes, most kids have seen and heard it all before, but that doesn't make it right.

In fact we can see by the escalating indulgence in "dangerous behaviors" (drug use, sexual promiscuity, crime), that it is not the right course.

I am thankful that there are sites like RT that model a different standard of behavior. It is but a small drop of morality in the ocean of "anything goes"... and being an optimist, I like to think that it counteracts the tide just a bit.

ZRabbits":3rleb76z said:
Understand completely and agree, but also have to say, there will be some parents who don't want their children looking at butchered rabbits. Or hear about it, for example.

We all got to get along and sometimes there are messages out there that don't conform to anyone's beliefs. It happens. But it's still a message and still someone's way of life, which I respect.

I understand what you mean, but butchering rabbits is actually part of what this site is about.

Foul language isn't. While we usually leave milder words alone, the really foul stuff gets removed. There are quite a few members on here who are children.

There are plenty of ways to express a thought -- even a very strong one -- without foul language. In fact, it's usually more effective if it contains no objectionable language at all, because the reader isn't distracted by the language, and therefore receives the full impact of the thought.

It's not that we're a bunch of prudes who sit around thinking of ways to spoil everybody's fun. We have to strike a balance between being a fun, helpful rabbit forum for adults and children alike, and being a safe place for the children we have here. Sure these kids are already familiar with these words, but why should they have to hear them here?

:)

Miss M":egi3ln0l said:
ZRabbits":egi3ln0l said:

I understand what you mean, but butchering rabbits is actually part of what this site is about.

Foul language isn't. While we usually leave milder words alone, the really foul stuff gets removed. There are quite a few members on here who are children.

There are plenty of ways to express a thought -- even a very strong one -- without foul language. In fact, it's usually more effective if it contains no objectionable language at all, because the reader isn't distracted by the language, and therefore receives the full impact of the thought.

It's not that we're a bunch of prudes who sit around thinking of ways to spoil everybody's fun. We have to strike a balance between being a fun, helpful rabbit forum for adults and children alike, and being a safe place for the children we have here. Sure these kids are already familiar with these words, but why should they have to hear them here?

:)

Prudes spoiling everyone's fun? I thought nothing of the sort. The P&T message, though colorful, does show what is going on with the Animal Rights activists and it's faulty message. And these type of "colorful" message do, whether you want to believe it or not, give the full impact of the thought to some.

Will respect and truly understand that "colorful" messages not be posted here on Rabbit Talk. If in the future, I find a "colorful" message, with facts again, I'll share it privately, but will find the same message that is respectful to Rabbit Talk forum members and their family, which should strike a nice balance to help all understand that there are some who feel we don't have a right to do what this forum promotes, raising meat rabbits. Nice words can be twisted too.

Just want those who raise "meat" rabbits to be able to in peace. Truly think it's your right to be able to give sustenance to your family. And not be persecuted by a group who gives a faulty message.

Karen

I think we need a area that will only show up if you enterd a 18 or older b-day for all the dead rabbit pics and peta jokes

fishdip":qkdwzw5a said:
I think we need a area that will only show up if you enterd a 18 or older b-day for all the dead rabbit pics and peta jokes

This is not an forum for politics but an educational forum for rabbits. And we aim to keep it that way. My point was that regardless of the language, facts are facts. I agree it doesn't belong here, but it does pertain to here.

The Federal Government and the UN's Rural Council is hell bent on promoting this Activist group to control animals. And what you can and can not do with them. And I'm not talking about dog fighting. I'm talking about surviving. Family business, whatever you want to call it.

Karen

ZRabbits":w1vsbg2k said:
fishdip":w1vsbg2k said:

This is not an forum for politics but an educational forum for rabbits. And we aim to keep it that way. My point was that regardless of the language, facts are facts. I agree it doesn't belong here, but it does pertain to here.

The Federal Government and the UN's Rural Council is hell bent on promoting this Activist group to control animals. And what you can and can not do with them. And I'm not talking about dog fighting. I'm talking about surviving. Family business, whatever you want to call it.

Karen
If the site was 100% for rabbits as you say then they need to take down the "OFF topic" area dont you think zrabbit? Lets face it it get kinda boring with out the "family" part and the only way to get to know each other is offtopic stuff. Like you never found out about my rabbit racing if it was not for my mug shot I posted in the off topic area.

Back