A few questions about Bakersfield show.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyP

Reaction score
This will be my first attemp to show one of my pally Doe's and I was under the impression that I had to pre-register her befor the show? I have e-mailed JESSICA EGAN but have got no responce, should I be calling her for a registration form or mabee give her some more time to e-mail it to me or am I just totaly off base here. I hate bugging people so I thought I would bug any of you that are going to the Bakersfield show instead...lol :)

Also, my doe is only 6 months old, is she even old enought to enter and will she need a Tatoo?...Sorry I'm a Rabbit Show noob. :wall:

Pre- registering... means pre-entered in the show. not that the rabbit needs to be Registered before showing it. :)

She certainly is old enough to show. If she is 6 months she will need to be entered in the 6/8 class. The junior class is for rabbits Under 6 months of age.

Good luck at the show !!!

Dont feel bad for bugging people. I have never showen eather and I want to sooo bad. but I just dont know where to start or even if my rabbits are good enough. your asking makes it so I dont have to LOL. I have cals. I do know that your rabbits have to have a tatoo to show. guess if I really want to show I should start doing that.... oh yea never done it befor and only have my hubby to help and he has less experence then me

starshotbandit":2gogdchk said:
Dont feel bad for bugging people. I have never showen eather and I want to sooo bad. but I just dont know where to start or even if my rabbits are good enough. your asking makes it so I dont have to LOL. I have cals. I do know that your rabbits have to have a tatoo to show. guess if I really want to show I should start doing that.... oh yea never done it befor and only have my hubby to help and he has less experence then me

I would suggest Going to a show to see what it is all about First. ( without rabbits) If You get a chance to Watch Your breed, even better. It would give You a sense of what is going on... and what the rabbits of Your breed look like... ( checking the competition , if You will). You might even be able to speak with other exhibitors of Your breed..... that could be a bonus.

The first visit to a show resembles chaos ! :lol: But there is usually a method to the madness.

SyP":hnbib81h said:
will she need a Tatoo?

Yes. I would be happy to tattoo her for you before she is exhibited- just let me know, and I will bring my kit. :)

Random Rabbit":hnbib81h said:
I would suggest Going to a show to see what it is all about First. ( without rabbits)

If fuel was free, I might agree... but since it isn't, I don't.

Showing rabbits is so simple compared to dogs or horses where you have to handle them or hire someone to do it for you... all you need to do is get them to the table and stick them in a coop, and the judge does the rest. Also, with the rarer breeds like Pals, the other exhibitors will go out of their way to help you get your rabbits to the table on time because they want to meet the minimum criteria for Legs, so no worries!

Random Rabbit asked me to make a post about my first experience showing rabbits, which you can find here:

first-show-experience-t5766.html

MamaSheepdog":3voiyhop said:
...all you need to do is get them to the table and stick them in a coop, and the judge does the rest.

And keep them in the coop if the rabbit is like mine and would rather be out on the table! It seems a lot of our coop recently have not had a way to shut off the front to keep the rabbit in, so your hands have to hang over the front and act as gate keeper. With more than two rabbits, that can get interesting. :) We have gone so far as to turn these arrangements around so that the open side faces us. For some breeds these coops work okay as the rabbits aren't prone to move, but for a running breed it can work you keeping them in until the judge wants to look at it. :D<br /><br />__________ Tue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm __________<br /><br />By the way, I do agree with MSD. Take a rabbit and get your feet wet. The majority of exhibitors are more than willing to help and to explain the ropes. The hardest time I had was getting the class orders, colors, etc straight to know when my rabbit was suppose to be on the table. Again, there is plenty of help in that regard.

It is usually $3 per entry if you enter both the A & B shows. Well worth the $6 to have two different judges evaluate your rabbits!

I emailed my entries last night, but have not gotten a response nor seen the show catalog. Once I do, I will let you know the real numbers.

In the past KCRBA shows I have entered, entries close at midnight on the Wednesday prior. I sent mine in last night just to be safe.

Do you think it would be wourth it for me to take my california buck, and the 6mo doe? the others eather have a litter or are prego now. I would take the new flemish but i dont know exactly how old they are.

starshotbandit":1isbvk15 said:
Do you think it would be wourth it for me to take my california buck, and the 6mo doe?

As long as they meet the weight requirements, I would. :)

Senior bucks 8 months and over 8-10lbs. Ideal weight 9lbs.

Intermediate bucks under 8 months, not over 9lbs.

Junior bucks under 6 months, not over 8lbs, minimum weight 5 1/2lbs.

Junior Does Under 6 months not over 8 1/2lbs, minimum weight 5 1/2lbs.

Intermediate des under 8 months, not over 9 1/2lbs.

NOTE: Juniors and Intermediates which exceed maximum weight limits may be shown in higher age classifications. No animal may be shown in a lower age classification than its true age.

starshotbandit":1isbvk15 said:
I would take the new flemish but i dont know exactly how old they are.

Sadly, according to the SOP you can't show them in different age classifications according to weight like you can with the Cals.

Entries close today, and are $6 per rabbit for one or both shows.

All rabbits must be tattooed. If yours are not, I can do it for you at the show, but you need to list the tattoo on the entry form.

I just e-mailed in 5 entries so it looks like I am going to have my hands full, although I am bringing along some helpers, by the wieghts MSD posted looks like I will have 3 intermediate and 2 jr. rabbits, all Palominos of coarse. I will be bringing some 10 week olds to sell or trade so hopfully some Pal people show up as I am still very interested in buying some new Pal blood. As of yet I have not got the rabbits tatooed we are still scrableing with that, we can borrow a stamper but not to sure if they have letters to go with it, if anyone is going to the show with tatoo equipment I will gladly pay you to do them. Hope we see you all there... :walk:

Ok well the doe is 6mo and is just over 8lbs. The buck is 7.75lbs so he does not meet requirments. His papers say he should be a big rabbit most are 10lbs in his lines, my related doe is 9 lbs. I might just have to get another buck. He is suck a solid meat block and I was hoping to see what I get from him. but the point was to produce show animals as well as food.<br /><br />__________ Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 am __________<br /><br />so do i just email the person saing that I haveXamount of rabbits and this is the classes that I want to enter?

If we all get there early enough, we can set up next to one another. As long as our breeds aren't on the table at the same time, we can help each other out. :)

Don't forget to bring chairs and food. My friend and her son will be attending the show as well, and she will be taking our kids to an airsoft war at church for a couple hours- so if someone forgets something I can have her stop at a store or pick up lunch.

SyP":3own09w4 said:
by the wieghts MSD posted looks like I will have 3 intermediate and 2 jr. rabbits, all Palominos of coarse.

Those weights are for Cals. Some of them are the same for Pals.

SR Buck- 8 months, 8-10lbs, 9 ideal.
SR Does- 8 months, 9-11, ideal 10lbs.
Int. Bucks- 6-8 months, not over 9lbs.
Int Does- 6-8 months, not over 9 1/2lbs.
Jr. Bucks- under 6 months, not over 8lbs, minimum 4lbs.
Jr. Does- under 6 months, not over 8 1/2, minimum 4lbs.

Jrs. and Int. may be shown in a higher age classification.

SyP":3own09w4 said:
if anyone is going to the show with tatoo equipment I will gladly pay you to do them.

I'll bring my kit. :) You can buy me a new needle if you want- they are about $5 I think.

:yougotpm:

starshotbandit":3own09w4 said:
so do i just email the person saing that I haveXamount of rabbits and this is the classes that I want to enter?

:yougotpm: I can forward the catalog to you if you PM me your email address. :)

Oh and found out that the flems are 7mo. old prego doe is11.5 and the other 2 are10.5lbs. still have to tell hubby about the show seems as we have the kids this weekend.... Ocraptackular i have horses and chores in tehachapi. poop :angry: how do I juggle this one?

My three kids will be coming to the show- why not bring yours along as well?

Can someone else tend to the horses and chores?

I hope you can still make it. :clover:

MamaSheepdog":2f6slv3n said:
If we all get there early enough, we can set up next to one another. As long as our breeds aren't on the table at the same time, we can help each other out

I will be there an hour early and I will gladly buy you a needle, I am assuming it's at the Fairgrounds at 9:00am?

SyP":1a8az19s said:
I will be there an hour early, I am assuming it's at the Fairgrounds at 9:00am?

Yes, it is at the Fairgrounds- apparently we enter at Gate 26 off of P Street, but park in the Gate 27 lot.

Check-in begins at 7:30 and the show starts at 8:30 (supposedly!).

I'll have plenty of people along to hold my place in line for entries, so just give me a call and we will tattoo your rabbits then. Please bring a towel for restraint. :)

MamaSheepdog":1m91z9m9 said:
Yes, it is at the Fairgrounds- apparently we enter at Gate 26 off of P Street, but park in the Gate 27 lot.

Check-in begins at 7:30 and the show starts at 8:30 (supposedly!).

Ok I will be there at 7:30 and if I have not got them tatooed by then I will give you a call. :up:

__________ Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 am __________

starshotbandit":1m91z9m9 said:
so do i just email the person saing that I haveXamount of rabbits and this is the classes that I want to enter?

yes send your info, Tatoo #, Breed, type, class, and sex to [email protected]. and hurry you have till the end of today to do it...Hope to see you there. :bounce:<br /><br />__________ Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 am __________<br /><br />I just got my confirmation back from Jaycee of the KCRBA, I am good to go, I am so exited. :dance7:

Back