A Case of Accidental Rabbitosis Aquireosis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3mina":fyw596wg said:
If you're replacing the Hollands with Minis then you still have only five breeds right? :)

Only if I can get rid of them without culling them.

I only have one breed that is purebred with pedigrees. The rest see mutts or no pedigree. Butt I love the colors we got from the mutts. I let the kids each pick a pet from the 4 week old mutt litters. Once we get settled I want to find my husband a trio of red rabbits. Not sure of breed yet but he loves the red rabbits.

skysthelimit":22oym346 said:
My breed count is five, and I'm sticking to it!!

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one with 5 breeds!! I feel better already :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 am __________<br /><br />
MamaSheepdog":22oym346 said:
Stormy":22oym346 said:
...a bit hesitatingly... which colors of Rex?

Black, blue, opal, castor, REW, and I recently got a pair of lilacs from OAF, so I should have chocolates as well. I have broken in all varieties except the lilac since they haven't been bred yet.

*sigh* I love opals and lilacs... and blues. and Rex. I might have to avoid you.

MamaSheepdog":22oym346 said:
The first show I attended there was only one other exhibitor. The second show there were two others, so I squeaked by. I decided that it wasn't worthwhile to make the drive if I couldn't earn legs. If none of the animals merit a leg the judge will withhold it, so it isn't a hollow award. :)

Yes, I hear you on that - the only reason I'd make a trek to a show, since I seem to be pretty far from most of them, would be to win legs and get on the map as a reputable breeder for that breed. So showing in Santa Rosa for instance if its just me and my 2 Beveren and 2 Hotot may be a waste of my time... until I have litters on down the road of course :) I still wouldn't be able to pull of my own mini-competition unless I started putting rabbits in the cat's names... we have plenty of them! :lol:

skysthelimit":22oym346 said:
A king needs loyal subjects.

Nice spin, Sky! :p I think we'll keep you around![/quote]

:lol: :lol:

While Rex may be "King", Belgian Hares are "King of the Fancy" - so... I am not sure who ends up on top there ;)

Stormy":2jhkpobc said:
*sigh* I love opals and lilacs... and blues. and Rex. I might have to avoid you.

Fresno in 2013 is out then, eh? :mrgreen:

showing in Santa Rosa for instance if its just me and my 2 Beveren and 2 Hotot may be a waste of my time.

I felt that the feedback from the judges was worth it. Santa Rosa looks like about the same distance I traveled to my first show.

I still wouldn't be able to pull of my own mini-competition unless I started putting rabbits in the cat's names.

Well, you and your BF makes two, so you only need one other exhibitor. :)

Latest posts

Back