8 wks ready to breed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
No I am not breeding an 8 wk bun. She is 8 wks today.I have been hearing crazy creams from her litter for a few days so I have stayed close to find out what was happening. This litter is 4 girls and 1 boy. I have had 2 other rabbit breeders over to check sex as well. This one particular girls vulva is vibrant violet/purple. She is running around the cage humping everyone and ripping out fur. I pet her and she lifts. Seriously, isnt this really young? Like really really young? I moved her to her own cage since she is being so aggressive. She is even waving her tail at the boys in the cage next to her.

All my female kits go through moments of red/purple vulva, have several that are 'color ready' and they are almost 8wks.
I wouldn't even think of breeding them, far too tiny and they are ~growing~. All their energy should be going into getting to their proper size and weight, not wasted on trying to have kits.
I call them being teenagers, they go through moments and changes, too, but not proper for them to have kits.

Super young, but it happens to all creatures. Like 12 yr old girls having babies. Possible, but not good.

Good idea to remove her :)

Latest posts

Back