4 week weight report

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
I just weighed my litter of californians that will be a month old in two days.
Here is their weights, please "weigh in" let me know what you think, average, small, or growing quickly?

15.2oz
14.0oz
1#4.0oz
12.6oz
15.6oz
1#3.6oz
15.0oz
13.4oz
1#3.2oz

What say you?

So according to that chart, at 28 days, they should be 1#2.5oz
Meaning I have a couple that are bigger, a couple pretty much right on, and a few small.
Since a rabbit has 8 nipples, and this was a litter of 9, I wonder if they might all be average or better if there were only 7 or 8. Thinking the smallest few are the ones always fighting for food.

__________ Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:44 pm __________

Wow, last time I weighed these kits was 6 days ago, my how they have grown.

5 week old weigh in report: same order as last time
1#8.2oz
1#7oz
1#10.2oz
1#3.2oz
1#7.6oz
1#13.8oz
1#6.6oz
1#5.6oz
1#9.8oz <br /><br /> __________ Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:53 pm __________ <br /><br /> I will be watching number 6 closely. Last week I thought he was a she, but now I think she is a he. In any case, durring the last six days, he has gained 10.2 ounces.
I don't know what the professionals consider to be good, but that sounds remarkable to me. If he stays a boy, I might have to keep him as a breeder, if his growth continues this rapidly.

It's been a week since putting the mother and babies in my stacked rabbit cage. I dump the trays every other day, but I didn't get to it yesterday. I just did it, (all 7 trays), man, that family of 10 can fill a dues tray in 3 days.

I generally don't weigh until 8 weeks but I did pull 4 random bunnies from one 4 week old litter and they averaged 1.35 pounds or 1# 5.6 ounces.

Wow, I guess mine aren't growing as quick as I thought the were.

Latest posts

Back