4 week weigh in

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

II Arrows

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the results. There is a few variables. Please give me some feedback.

(Elsa) Cali mix. 3 kits - 1 foster kit. Bred to mini rex buck.
bred for pet purposes.

Grey and white kit. 1lb 5.6oz
Brown and white kit. 1lb 4.7oz
Black and white kit. 1lb 2.4oz
Black new Zealand foster kit. 1lb 1.8oz

(Kodo) Black new Zealand. 10 kits total. 1 lost at 2 days and 1 fostered to Elsa. Bred to NZW buck.
bred for meat purposes.

Black kit #1 - 1lb 2.3oz
Black kit #2 - 11.9oz
Black kit #3 - 15.1 oz

White kit #1 - 13.0oz
White kit #2 - 14.5oz
White kit #3 - 15.6oz
White kit #4 - 15.2oz
White kit #5 - 1lb 1oz

Any feedback would be appreciated.

The current feed I'm feeding is manna pro select series with boss seeds and free choice hay. I also throw in some old fashioned oats about once a day. They drink water when they want it and of course mama's milk. I haven't given any of them any greens as of yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 915
Wow thank you for the great info. I was completely unaware they were that far off from were they should be weight wise. I guess the BNZ having 8 kits is irrelevant for the 2 pound benchmark at 4 weeks I take it. Well I guess to make myself sleep a little better at night I'm gonna have to say this is my first litter of meat buns and I still consider myself a rookie (because I am still a rookie) I still have a good bit to learn. I've learned a great deal already here at RT. I think I'll take the weights of both the sire and damn today when i get off of work so i can get some sort of baseline and a better understanding of what I should expect from growing kits that are currently eating me out of house and home. Thank you Dood for everything I appreciate it.

Oh wow! Good info to know! I bred my 8.5 NZW with a smaller mixed buck and the babies are weighing in at .72 -.86 lbs at 26 days. I knew the buck was smaller, but wow! What a difference!

I am a total newbie and bought my first ones without much thought - I will be paying much more attention this next go 'round as I search for better breeders!

Latest posts

Back