3 week old babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterMomma

Reaction score
Hello :)
I just noticed today that two of my little baby buns have soft stools. One has just little soft ones but speedy had a clump stuck on his bum the size of a penny. Is this normal cause they are switching over to eating pellets and hay. They've nibbled on hay since week 1 and week 2 they started to nibble on their moms pellets. They just turned 3 wks last Friday and have been eating more pellets and drinking more regularly from the water bottle. Momma still feeds them once a day. It wasn't watery or anything and did have a little pungent smell to it. Thanks for any insight.

They seem to be weaning themselves a bit early so digestive upset is more common.

Since you say the poop was not watery or an odd colour I suspect the little ones are just not very good at eating their cecotopes and have gotten them stuck around their bottoms.

I recommend plucking or trimming the fur around the area so it is less likely to get stuck next time.

Latest posts

Back