2014 snow fun

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystang89

Reaction score
We finally got a decent amount of snow yesterday night. We woke up this morning to about 3 - 4" of the cold white stuff and since we hadn't had any decent amount, especially on a Saturday, we decided to take the opportunity to enjoy it.

We started out with a snowball fight. The poor wife was on the receiving end of it - from me and the 4 kids who were out there. We show love in odd ways sometimes :twisted: The neighbor saw us having a bit of fun and asked if the kids wanted to borrow their snow sled. Since we didn't have one, and the street has a nice little hill to it, we took her up on it. The kids had a blast! It was the first time they had ever sled in snow so it was great for us parents to. Normally all the firsts are done by the grandparents since we generally don't have the money to do even small things like that but we got this first. :) Even the wife got to slide down the hill. That was funny to see! :lol:

After that the kids finally figured out that I was a master chef :) Took them long enough. We took some of the snow and mixed it up to make Snow cream which they inhaled! Somehow I was the one who ended up with a non-stop brain freeze :?
They said they want it again tonight for their snack. Easiest snack I've made lol.

After that we built 2 snowmen...only one made it past the dog. :roll: The other ended up as raised mound on the ground. The dog had bowled right through the smaller one. (It was supposed to be a kid.) Apparently Aussie's love the snow even more than Huskies. Never seen a dog that excited about snow in all my life. He loved having snowballs thrown at him but never could find them after they had hit him :shock: He kept sniffing around looking for a ball to snatch up...How to keep a dumb dog busy lol :lol:

Next we tried to build an igloo/fort...looking...thing... :| I don't think it would sale very well to any Escimos but the dog found a use for it as an outhouse. :oops: The pics are of the dog wondering what it just did.

All in all everyone had a wonderful day. Thank God for small blessings like this :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140125_141246.jpg
    IMG_20140125_141246.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_20140125_141248.jpg
    IMG_20140125_141248.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_20140125_141309.jpg
    IMG_20140125_141309.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 435
Building sweet memories!

I have had my fill of this winter stuff, it would appear Indiana has been in every storm system direct path for the last 6mons! LOL I am saying "UNCLE!" already!! I am seeing no end any time soon :eek:verreaction:

It was great seeing them have so much fun. The 6 year old wanted to go back out there in the afternoon after the snow had melted/been removed from the road and sled some more. Couldn't understand when I said it wouldn't work as well without the snow. I should have hooked the sled to the car :twisted:

Kayla@LWR":2qsngfrb said:
That is so awesome!!!!

My dogs would be jealous, I can't build anything like that. Just a snow man :)

The igloo was easy. Once you get the snow packed down all I had to do was scoop out the inside and voila. We can't build snowmen to save our lives. It always falls down long before we want it to lol.

mystang89":sukk7u5i said:
We started out with a snowball fight. The poor wife was on the receiving end of it

Naturally. :roll:

It was the first time they had ever sled in snow so it was great for us parents to. Normally all the firsts are done by the grandparents since we generally don't have the money to do even small things like that but we got this first. :)

Aww! That must have been great! :D Our kids use trash can lids as sleds or they cut holes for their heads and arms out of trash bags and "body surf" on the snow. Somehow my daughter Queenpup manages to look fashionable in a Hefty bag!

We took some of the snow and mixed it up to make Snow cream which they inhaled!

Amazing how delicious that is, isn't it? :p I like to eat plain snow too, but Snow Cream is a gourmet treat! :dinner:

After that we built 2 snowmen...only one made it past the dog. :roll:

:lol: Our Great Dane Viktor would always eat their carrot noses! :eek:

He loved having snowballs thrown at him but never could find them after they had hit him :shock: He kept sniffing around looking for a ball to snatch up...How to keep a dumb dog busy lol :lol:

Levi does that too! "Where's the ball? Where's the ball???"

Next we tried to build an igloo/fort...looking...thing...

That turned out wonderfully! Great job!

Kayla@LWR wrote:That is so awesome!!!!

My dogs would be jealous, I can't build anything like that. Just a snow man :)

The igloo was easy. Once you get the snow packed down all I had to do was scoop out the inside and voila.

I was wondering how you did it!

I'll have to send my kids out to give you snowman lessons!

Here are their most recent creations, for your inspiration:

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7195.JPG

:lol: I LOVE those snowmen, with their hair sticking up! :lol:

Bunny-Wan Kenobi put a bowl out and collected sleet while it was falling... lacking snow, we made sleet cream. :p Maybe not as soft as snow cream... and I was out of cream, but used whole milk. The kids loved it! It did taste good. :)

Lol! I love those snow men. I'm sure the 1 with the crazy hair is an exact replica of you!

Those look awesome though. You'll definetly have to teach me your tricks.

Miss M":14agr3kh said:
we made sleet cream. :p

Oooh! I bet it was like a creamy sno-cone! Yum!

mystang89":14agr3kh said:
I'm sure the 1 with the crazy hair is an exact replica of you!

Drat! I was trying to be incognito by posting a snow likeness of myself on the internet, but I can't get anything past you!

Any more snow in the forecast for you? We are supposed to get rain today. :singinrain:

Is it raining there now, HHP? We just got a couple of sprinkles- pretty big drops, but it stopped right away.

MamaSheepdog":1el58hl1 said:
Any more snow in the forecast for you? We are supposed to get rain today. :singinrain:

Rain possible today and tomorrow with a high in the 50's so the igloo will probably be melted but they say we're supposed to get a blizzard sometime next week which in their terms could very likely mean we get 1/2" of snow...but you never know.

Well, our rain has turned into those little balls of snow- not flakes, not hail- but it isn't really sticking.

Latest posts

Back