2010 Convention Entry Counts?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
Can't find the convention entry counts anywhere, just the winners. Anyone still have a link to that?

PulpFaction":1oist4bq said:
Can't find the convention entry counts anywhere, just the winners. Anyone still have a link to that?

The latest issue of "Domestic Rabbits" just arrived. It has all sorts of Convention news. On pages 18-19 it lists the # shown in the breed and who won BOB and BOS open division. Pages 20-21 has the Youth info.

( is there a specific breed you are wondering about ?)

I was hoping to get the counts for Silver Fox and Thriantas.

My DR, I suppose, went to my old PO Box since I haven't sent in my change of address yet! That reminds me that I also need to call circulation and have them change my address, this will be the second time they have to do it in the last year. They're gonna hate me....

PulpFaction":26eksl16 said:
I was hoping to get the counts for Silver Fox and Thriantas.

My DR, I suppose, went to my old PO Box since I haven't sent in my change of address yet! That reminds me that I also need to call circulation and have them change my address, this will be the second time they have to do it in the last year. They're gonna hate me....

Silver Fox ... 112 open. 26 youth.

Thrianta ....177 open. 53 youth.

The count that sorta blew my mind was for Mini Rex... 1530 in open, and 441 in youth ! yikers !! competition Must be really tough ! I wonder How long it took How many judges just for that breed ??

Hope this was the info You wanted . RR.

I'm not surprised at the Mini Rex numbers. Our local rabbit 4h shows are probably 50% mini-rex, 45%lops, and 5% other :)

About DR, there has been quite a bit of talk on forums/groups about the last couple issues of DR going missing or never received. There seems to be a problem of some sort there.

RR, thank you! That's exactly what I needed. As I suspected, I think my two breeds are about neck and neck in popularity, lately. Silver Foxes seem to have quite a "buzz" about them lately. Lots of new breeders jumping on the band wagon, including myself.

Thriantas seem to still be riding a little bit of a high of being the new kids on the block...I wonder how their numbers compared to Mini Satins?

PulpFaction":23wvp12a said:
RR, thank you! That's exactly what I needed. As I suspected, I think my two breeds are about neck and neck in popularity, lately. Silver Foxes seem to have quite a "buzz" about them lately. Lots of new breeders jumping on the band wagon, including myself.

Thriantas seem to still be riding a little bit of a high of being the new kids on the block...I wonder how their numbers compared to Mini Satins?

Thriantas ... Open... 177, youth ..53

Mini Satin... Open... 479, youth...63

( could Someone , please, explain to me How to pronounce Thriantas ! ?? Seems as tho i cannot get my mouth around that name ! :lol: )

TREE-anta

Thanks. I'm kinda surprised there were so many more mini satins! What's wrong with my red bunnies? LOL Probably a lot of people that had standards got the minis, too. Plus there are more colors to work with...

PulpFaction":3q8s3evh said:
TREE-anta

Thanks. I'm kinda surprised there were so many more mini satins! What's wrong with my red bunnies? LOL Probably a lot of people that had standards got the minis, too. Plus there are more colors to work with...

Thank You for spell-pronouncing it for me ! The letter H in the name had my 'brain mouth' connections all scrambled ! I 'think' i can do it now........

Back