2 years in to rabbit keeping for food. I've learned a lot.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
I've learned SO MUCH. Time and listening to advice really are your best teachers.

I'm down to 4 solid large and healthy does and my production is the same as when I had 9 does. I'm learning to lead with my head and not my heart when it comes to my stock. And I also found out my first gut reaction is pretty good. My first doe Honey is still my best producer and sweetest bun.

I've learned that rats eat baby rabbits. :( But I also learned its easy to bring them inside at night and at 2 weeks or so the rats leave them alone.

I've learned a quality feed, be it natural forage or pellets is a MUST for good production.

Oh and recently I learned to pay attention to the calendar.... 5 months is too long to leave babies in with their mothers!!!!!

Thanks rabbit talk, I would not have learned so much so fast without all you guys.

And an extra thanks to Grumpy, he makes me think about my bottom dollar and how to make my rabbits work for my needs.

dayna":2cjjj2dp said:
And an extra thanks to Grumpy, he makes me think about my bottom dollar and how to make my rabbits work for my needs.

Thanks, Dayna, for the compliment. I've always had to figure my costs
versus my enjoyment. Throughout my life, any "hobby" I've had must be
able to support itself and tender a small profit.

This enlightened group of fancier's offer more competent advice in one day
than most could learn in a lifetime. They do it with a style and grace that
makes one realize that there's no "dumb" question, except the one that is
never asked.

You and I are both lucky to be a part of this group.

Grumpy.

When I think of the mistakes I would have made (or not corrected) without RT, I don't know if I would still have rabbits without this forum.

But beyond the knowledge I find here, I value the people. Your sincerity, your humor, your honest desire to help all who find their way here...it makes me smile. When I find myself frustrated by my day or by interactions with some people, I can always come here and be reminded that some people really do care, really do want to do the right thing.

RT is so much more than rabbits.

Latest posts

Back