2 week old bunny has diarrhea *URGENT*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
My friend that I got the Himalayans from just told me that she found that one of her 2 week old babies has diarrhea. She said that she cleaned it, and then it started to bleed. What should I tell her to do?

Bleeding from the anus? How much blood? If just a bit, it might be just from cleaning the tender tissues too briskly.

Are the babies eating solids yet? If not, I have no suggestions. Never seen a nursing kit with diarrhea, although there have been other threads about this in the past.

If they are beginning to eat solids, I would remove the pellets temporarily and in any case I would give them access to grass hay and kitchen oatmeal. Might not help, but it won't likely hurt.

More details would be helpful. It's really hard to make anything other than general suggestions with so little to go on.

is she sure it's diarrhea? sometimes wee kits have some odd poops AND it's really easy to rip their skin if you are cleaning them.

you need to be gentle with cleaning babies. then put ONE drop of penicillin on the injury and then you live the kits alone. They heal easily and quickly.

I have a 9 day kit who I found dehydrated its a nearly 5oz kit snd I rehydrate it well but then it started pooping blood and tiny blood clots . Idk what to do..

Latest posts

Back