2 rabbitries in the same province with the same name?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
Ran into a strange problem today: looking for one I discovered there are actually two BC rabbitries with the exact same name :S
One for sure is ARBA registered and one not, but the one that isn't registered has been at it longer......neither were aware of the other until today.

What's the etiquette here?

Feeling so bad for both these nice ladies :(

If the two ladies can talk, perhaps they can come up with a solution.

I tend to think the one registered with ARBA might have a stronger claim to the name, but since they are in Canada I'm not sure if ARBA has any authority.

It will be to the advantage of each to have a distinctive rabbitry name. Perhaps one of them will agree to a name change and put "formerly known as . . ." on their website, cards etc.

There's not really anything to be done.

If the one is registered they have the "RIGHT" to the name for putting on pedigrees etc, but they can't really force the other one to change the name. Now if number two wanted to be registered they would need to do a name change.

Something to keep in mind now, when registering your rabbitry I guess.

They are BOTH ARBA registered but one name is singular and one plural.

Like the difference between Twinkle Toe and Twinkle Toes rabbitry :x

Pick a super duper crazy unusual name or you might end up piggy backing, or having someone piggyback off of your reputation for better or for worse.

Latest posts

Back