2 free rabbits. SUPRIZE!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiogoatgirl

Reaction score
well tonight my sister comes over and she's got a box.... with 2 rabbits in it.
i had posted on a few groups on facebook that i was lookin for rabbits and listed the breeds i was interested in. the meatier breeds are the ones i listed.
well this lady saw it and she knows my mom. her daughter has rabbits that she is getting rid of. well they show up at my moms and drop off these two rabbits in a cardboard box with a bit of feed in a container.
so i now have two rabbits (i'm guessing female) of unknown breed. the girl said they are weaned but they are obviously smaller then my dutch kits that are (to my knowledge) 8 wks old as of yesterday. (the kits that i got with the dutch doe. was told they were 2 weeks old)...
i'm bushed from the day but will get pics up tomorrow.
the one has no visible ears at all. eaten by the doe when it was cleanin it. the other has full ears though.and they are both broken black coloring.

:stars:

Well... on the bright side, whatever they are, and whatever size rabbits they produce, their offspring will still be made of meat.....

"the one has no visible ears at all. eaten by the doe when it was cleanin it. the other has full ears though.and they are both broken black coloring. "

Are you SURE? after all, according to recent news articles, the rabbit is either
A) a very rare breed of rabbit or
B) had it's ears chopped off by the owner.

:D

Fid":2g1agkam said:
Yeah, it's one of the La Mancha rabbits.

:lol: that is exactly what i said last night!!!

the no-ears rabbit is VERY VERY skittish. the other one is skittish but not to the extent as the no-ears one.
i'm loading pics up right now. i made a video too. will get em up soon.<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 pm __________<br /><br />ears
newrabbits003.jpg

no ears
newrabbits002.jpg

they are super soft! no idea what the breed is... what are the hair types? rex, satin,...?

Frosted Rabbits":2jbyyrbv said:
"the one has no visible ears at all. eaten by the doe when it was cleanin it. the other has full ears though.and they are both broken black coloring. "

Are you SURE? after all, according to recent news articles, the rabbit is either
A) a very rare breed of rabbit or
B) had it's ears chopped off by the owner.

:D
:lol: I almost said that too! "An EARLESS rabbit?!? Don't you realize that's a VERY RARE BREED???" :lol:<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 pm __________<br /><br />Oh, they're so cute! That doesn't look like rex fur to me, but other than that, I have no clue. :)

They're cute and look healthy to me from the pics....should do fine for meats or meat breeders. But I'd say they are Mini Rex, which are usually smaller then dutch any way at the same age (or at least the ones I had were). They're fur looks bad (talking from a prospective show or fur harvest point of view), could be from picking, could be from other things or just genetics only time will tell for sure. But either way it is, I wouldn't look for a nice coat on them even at their prime as adults just in case it is genetic factor.

A ear-less rabbit looks so....naked or "hairless", lol. By hairless I mean like with people, flowing hair down their necks. =D

Once I saw a tail-less black squirrel hopping down the street and my first thought was "Wow! a rabbit with no ears." Maybe you need to look again? Just sayin.

mini rex kits. be mindful the no ears one will likely have trouble with heat.

NOTE: around here, if I get kits that get their ears chewed or have something a bit "odd" about them, they sell quite quickly. With the ear problem kits I simply screen homes more carefully and make sure they have my contact information for return should a problem arise in long term maintenance.

ladysown":2cavo23y said:
mini rex kits. be mindful the no ears one will likely have trouble with heat.

NOTE: around here, if I get kits that get their ears chewed or have something a bit "odd" about them, they sell quite quickly. With the ear problem kits I simply screen homes more carefully and make sure they have my contact information for return should a problem arise in long term maintenance.

I don't know, they don't look like my Rex kits....maybe they are a MR mix?

I had a group of rex that had fur like that. Kind of longish and thin, then they turned 8 weeks and the hair was replaced with regular rex hair.

skysthelimit":14wg6ryo said:
I had a group of rex that had fur like that. Kind of longish and thin, then they turned 8 weeks and the hair was replaced with regular rex hair.

Me too- several, in fact. Had me worried because I thought I was getting nothing but Astrex, which I enjoy as a novelty, but I didn't want a whole herd of them!

Back