1st time dam due soon. tiny wet poops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyTinker

Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for all the knowledge here!

I have a first time doe that I am getting all fidgety father about. She is due on the 24th and is currently not eating much and has tiny wet poops. I'm sure she is fine, BUT...

I'm going to give her some oats and I'm wondering about parsley and tums and the like. Should I hold off on parsley until she is closer to her due date?

Anything else I might ought to feed her now to prepare her for the big day?

Thanks again.

If the 'tiny wet poops' are in clusters it is her cecotrope's and my does always have difficulty eating them all in the later stages of pregnancy, I think their bellies get in the way :D

Some of my does go off feed and others become ravenous, it depends on the doe.

I don't supplement until after giving birth and usually increase her grain ration since rabbit milk is very fatty. Producing tiny little 1 ounce babies is not the hard part in the rabbit raising process - it is producing milk for them for over a month.

I think Dood said it all. I just wanted to add *fingers crossed for healthy popples*

Awesome! This board is so great :D Thanks again Dood!

Yeah, she is on the chubby side for sure. It seemed like it wouldn't be a big deal, but I had not seen it before. They are clumped. I almost posted a pic... but seemed excessive :p

If I had to bet, I'd say she will throw 9 or more. I can't wait!!! She built a nest like a champ :)

GypsyTinker":11jup8dq said:
They are clumped.

That would be the cecotropes that Dood mentioned. :)

GypsyTinker":11jup8dq said:
I almost posted a pic... but seemed excessive :p

What? :eek: No poople pics? :lol:

So... any popples yet? :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back