13 Day Update Cross Litter of 8 French Angora English Lop

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcs

Reaction score
A month or two ago I bought a Pedigreed English Lop buck. Before I spent more money on locating a doe I wanted to make sure he could be bred. I put him with my French Angora "Bubbles" who is proven. All went well till day 31, no babies, 32, 33 no babies then on day 34 I woke to find a kit on the wire. I had pulled the nest box because she tore it to pieces and I've never had a doe kindle past day 32. I made a nest in a bowl and put the 1 kit in there. I threw in a bunch of material into the cage, hoped for the best and left for work. Tonight I came home to find 7 more babies. I added those to the nest bowl and built a proper nest box. Hopefully she will use it.

I expect longer than normal (for a FA) ears and longer hair (for an Elop). What are your thoughts? The FA is a broken chocolate and the Elop is a blue

Longer droopy ears and normal fur.

On a side note I think that so far they all look black so there is a good chance the chocolate doe doesn't carry blue and the blue buck doesn't carry chocolate and neither have any recessives on their C-locus such as chinchilla, shaded, himi or REW :)

Interesting. So the fur should be like an Elop then? In hind sight I should have waited longer for the babies to arrive. I've read enough posts to know people have late popples. 12 hours prior to delivery I put the Buck with another doe. I'll be flush with mutts here soon.

My 1/2 french angoras had fuzz-fur. Not wool and not long, but a softer texture. I never grow any out to see what they would have looked like as adults.

[album]2097[/album]

I have French Angora / Flemish Giant crosses and their fur has a different texture but it's like normal fur just maybe a little longer. As for the ears I bred a mini lop with a NZ and the kits had up right ears their were further apart on the head and they went 'airplane' for a while but they usually stayed up.

Zass":3f5xbi09 said:
[album]2097[/album]

CUTE!!!!

ckcs":3f5xbi09 said:
I expect longer than normal (for a FA) ears and longer hair (for an Elop). What are your thoughts? The FA is a broken chocolate and the Elop is a blue

I have a hard time picturing the cross... but lop ears with slightly longer fur would be adorable. What type of body do they have? Are the Angoras more like a mini lop or do they have a longer body like the elops?

Angoras have a fuller body, not mandolin shaped like the Elop <br /><br /> -- Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:26 pm -- <br /><br /> Here are some pictures at 13 Days

Back