12 weeks old, all they do is eat

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garden lady

Reaction score
The picture of them around in a circle, the rabbit in the back with her head up is Lulu. You can see how big they are now. I was wanting to weigh them and check to see if we can tell if they are male or female, but my husband is busy with the hutch. Almost done and maybe finished Monday.

Attachments

• 12 weeks 37.jpg
    12 weeks 37.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 12 weeks 34.jpg
    12 weeks 34.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 12 weeks 33.jpg
    12 weeks 33.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 12 weeks 20.jpg
    12 weeks 20.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 12 weeks 13.jpg
    12 weeks 13.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 12 weeks 12.jpg
    12 weeks 12.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 220
MamaSheepdog":1pbybvfd said:
They certainly are getting huge!

I need to weigh them. I need to find out of they are male or female.<br /><br />__________ Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 pm __________<br /><br />
luvabunny":1pbybvfd said:
I so wish they were closer to OKC! They are exactly what I've been looking for!

Some days I wish you were here too and would almost drive all 10 of them to Oklahoma for an early birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day/Father's Day, Grandparents Day, Groundhog day, FOR ANY REASON DAY, but then I decide all is well and they are doing find and the garden will be great. I think my family would be happy to get rid of them and think I am :allalone: :cuckoo: :meditate: but when I tell my husband something like that he says well we have them, so we are keeping them. :lol:

Yup, at 12 weeks you definitely need to find out which are males and get them separated, otherwise, you may end up with way more than 10!

It should be easy to sex them now. The bucks will all need separate cages, so the sooner you find out the better.

Have you considered advertising any for pet homes?

MamaSheepdog":2wck44pi said:
It should be easy to sex them now. The bucks will all need separate cages, so the sooner you find out the better.

Have you considered advertising any for pet homes?

I will check them tomorrow and see what I can tell, but they will have their on separate cages in a few days. I have not even considered giving them away. The older 5 would not make pets. I am hoping we will be able to get them where we can get them in and out of the hutch to a pen for exercise. I bought a harness for them to put on where I could guide them down the ramp and then leave the leash on and if they would not let us catch them, I would step on the leash until they finally get where they might let us catch them. I have been told you should not give baby pets away on craigslist because of snake people, so no way was I going to offer them for free and there are a lot of Flemish Giants for $20 and there are a bunch a little bit more that have white, black, gray that are registered. I really do not want to get rid of the younger ones. If I get to that point, I will get rid of all of them. The 5 younger are the ones that would be the most fun to keep, but them Zoup loves to be petted. She must have had a lot of attention from the man that had her. It was when he was gone and his wife was taking care of her and the wife is the one that was around the other 4 and they did not get as much attention as Zoup. She said Zoup would bite and growl. If it was safe, I would almost like to let Zoup have the whole yard, but it would not be safe. I feel sorry for her from being in that small hutch for so long. She did not have it bad when the man was there, but when his wife was in charge, Zoup and the other 4 had a rough life. I showed my husband a picture of a run with a top and we may build something like that, but it is snowing and cold right now.<br /><br />__________ Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 am __________<br /><br />
Duckcomando":2wck44pi said:
Wow some big boys and girls you got there.

I really do not think the older ones are that big. They are a little plump, but close to normal weight I guess, but I bet around 10 pounds. Zoup and Sunshine may go 13, but Lulu is smaller. I don't think the 5 kits are that much bigger than the older ones were at 3 months. They are fatter from having pellets and food, where the older ones did not get fed and they were skinny, but they had their bone structure, but I will get them weighed and sexed. At 8 weeks they were 4.5 and 5 pounds and I read where 5 and 6 pounds was more what the registered ones were weighing at 8 weeks. They are not that fancy even though I would like them to be. :lol: I think Snickers and Cream have short ears and one of them is the daddy, so hopefully that are taking after Lulu. She does have nice ears, but not 6 inches.

Latest posts

Back