12 New Kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlt

Reaction score
My second time New Zealand Black doe had 12 new kits today... oddly, the Father is her sire (black)and she is black... and there are at least three red babies in there looks like to me :) :D

Those pink kits are going to be white. No way two blacks (selfs) carry agouti, although they can carry the non extension, but that is only half the equation for getting reds. It is way more likely being NZB's that they both carry rew.

congrats...on the kits...so nice to get reds....

now for a little fun ;)
thisthread.gif

CC :D

Thanks on the genetics info... just a guess as it was dark and that buck has thrown red kits with a red doe etc. Don't really understand all of it yet. Looking at them in the daylight.... they aren't even solid one color, black stripes down the sides and pink in the middle.... Black butt on one with pink front... So not REW for sure. So this should be interesting, seeing as all I had before was CA/NZW crosses that produced very boring, but dependable offspring :).

The buck has a very distinct chestnut... nearly red patch under his chin.

OHHH I thought the buck was a solid black! Reds and rews are born pink so look the same for the first day or so. ok so the buck has something agouti going on there! Post some pics when the colour comes in this is sounding interesting!

yeah, he's actually kind of ideal in that, I was expecting to have to do a two generation thing to get my reds back (and going) but his first litter here was with a pretty nice red doe with good color and 6 out of seven were reds (all five of the ones that have survived so far were reds).

Plus, this was line breeding, in that the doe for this litter was his daughter.... so aside from being a good size litter that all looks warm and fed this morning, it should be very interesting. I have pics of the two does and buck on my profile.

__________ Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:32 am __________

OK... got some pics here...

The new, very active litter that wouldn't hold still, pardon the blurriness...
IM000197resized.jpgIM000198resized.jpg

This is the dam...

gallery/image.php?album_id=29&image_id=229

This is a pic of a 13 day old litter of reds that came from the same buck... Strawberry never stays still, again... please pardon the blurriness. Anyway, same buck on this litter.

IM000201resized.jpg

may be, I don't really have much experience in assessing the colors...

__________ Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 pm __________

tort refers to a pattern right? So what would a mostly red, with black markings be called? Other than "not recognized" :)

uh, I have had blue torts and black torts. It depends on whether the dark is blue or black. :) I think there are also chocolate torts. I have four right now, from a mutt doe and a NZR buck

ah... well... probably eating them anyway, it was just interesting the way they came out. look like they might be blue

Latest posts

Back