11 day old kit pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerMom

Reaction score
my first two litters of kits are now 11 days old. I was surprised at how big they were at birth, and I'm still surprised at how big they are getting! Rio's litter of 7 were all 3-4oz at birth, and Hollis's litter of 9 were between 2-3oz. That trend appears to be continuing, as Rio's kits are now all 8-10oz and Hollis's kits are 5-7. Even the smaller kits seem to be feeding well and happy and healthy so I'm not too worried about them, though I was wondering if this would be considered normal weight gain?

I wanted to share a few pictures of the kits....I'm still so excited to have my first ever kits and happy I didn't lost more than just the one kit, I was really expecting that number to be higher with 2 first time moms and me being a first time rabbit breeder.

Rio's kits:

The chunka monkey. I'm considering keeping this one, it is the biggest of all of the kits, weighing in at just over 10oz.
IMGP2181.jpg

IMGP2201.jpg

IMGP2204.jpg

Hollis's kits (the small ones)

The smaller kits seem to especially like to curl up in my hands and go back to sleep. It's pretty dang cute if you ask me
IMGP2253.jpg

IMGP2212.jpg

IMGP2245.jpg

They are so cute. I do love the white bunnies with black spots. I used to call them dalmation bunnies when I was little. I almost got a lionhead that was white with black spots, but decided that I wanted Kizzy instead. :)

I love the 3rd picture....that one has an adorable little mustache!! :D

Thanks everyone :D I also love the mustache look, I think there are 3 or 4 of them like that, and one with only half a 'stache lol!

Latest posts

Back