107 livestock animals seized 7/19

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it. Cows looked thin, everyone else looked fine. Didn't see any bad living conditions and I don't get what you mean by the read. Many places have terrible roads, I don' see how that relates to the seizure.

I agree with chickiesnbunnies i dont get it. Cows are skinny but do they have calves and i know my cow wont eat when its ungodly hot due to digest creates heat so we feed at 11pm

I didn't see any animals that looked neglected. The cows ribs and hipbones were showing? Those looked like milk cows; they're supposed to look like that. All of the fat is used to produce milk. A Texas deputy should know better. Most of them are country boys. So far as the neighbor goes, if he is frightened of animals he shouldn't be living in the country.

(disclaimer: I do not personally know this situation, just some others, where animals were not involved)
-She had a thriving business that was using / wearing out the road. That bit that they said as to people coming in starting early in the morning. The second video, where the neighbor is talking, caught my attention! Her animals look too good, adult customers backing her up and no charges.

i don't get it either. they all looked fine. unsanitary conditions??? was that knee deep or ankle deep? how far behind on chores were they?

Piper":3in0ddkc said:
http://www.kxxv.com/story/19069595/more ... =printable
I do not think it was right, to do. The guy - comes across - like a city slicker that want manicured lawns. It seems as if his main complaint is that the business is tearing up the road. I suspect the complaints originally started because of the business and complaining about neglect is the only way they could bother her. She is out money on a situation, that seems as if it could have been handled a lot better.
- the court has (up to) 10 days - so should have an idea of what will happen by Monday.
== here is a website, that is trying to get information, so people like this can sue.
http://www.dairyherd.com/dairy-news/133976943.html

The cows were a little skinny but the rest of the animals looked in good condition. Notice how the news didn't show any of the holding pens?? I wonder why....if they are bad they normally show them....hmmmmmmmm.....

Agenda twenty one. :paranoid:

Aside from the view of the horses being trailered where you can see their gleaming coats, the first video doesn't give you much. The second video was much better. The conditions were very nice, I thought.

Did you notice that the footage was edited to leave it up to the imagination which 15 animals were loose? Horses? Goats? Chickens?

Imagine the fear and horror... :twisted:

:silkie: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :feedchicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :silkie:

I don't get it either, nothing in those videos shows animals being kept or treated cruel in any manner. Sounds to me like a case of "irritated neighbor syndrome" maybe. Maybe more info and photos will come out that shows something we aren't seeing here, who knows!

The animals looked in good condition. I don't blame the cows for being on a bit on the skinner side. It's hot out there! They didn't show the "knee deep" in manure footage. I agree, that guy looks like he's from the city. "One time 15 animals where loose?" When was that? A few days ago? Last year?

Things happen when you have livestock. I bet he's just a butt that wants to control every aspect of his surroundings. My ducks happen to go to the front yard the other day and my neighbor was kind enough to call and give me some time to shoo them back to their pens in the back. I'm blessed to have kind neighbors that don't get upset about my animals. As long as I don't bring a goat home I think they will continue to put up with me :D Plus, we've known our neighbors for years and they all understand I'm just a country girl at heart.

People need to quit butting into other people's business so much. Just let things go. People stress too much over such minor things.

Shouldn't the city be in charge of fixing the road? I hope they get their animals back :(

City folk need to quit moving to the country for "peace and quiet" and then complaining about country folk doing country things, like raising animals. :furious: :furious: :furious:

I personally think the lady ought to go into the hog business and keep the swine on the side of the property nearest city slicker neighbor. Or maybe open up a cattle feed lot. Or a commercial chicken farm.

Diamond":2ee9t9a4 said:
I personally think the lady ought to go into the hog business and keep the swine on the side of the property nearest city slicker neighbor. Or maybe open up a cattle feed lot. Or a commercial chicken farm.
:rotfl:

Diamond":1j0foyor said:
What gripes me is that they don't bother feed lot operators or chicken broiler houses. If anyone is abusing animals they are the ones. Almost no countries in Europe would allow animals to be raised in such conditions. They restrict their "rescue" operations to small people who can't afford a battery of high priced lawyers.

hoodat":3oxb2cfc said:
What gripes me is that they don't bother feed lot operators or chicken broiler houses. If anyone is abusing animals they are the ones. Almost no countries in Europe would allow animals to be raised in such conditions. They restrict their "rescue" operations to small people who can't afford a battery of high priced lawyers.

THIS. So much this. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I thought I was watching, just found this. Wonder why the type of split judgement? Could it be where she has her business?
http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/communities ... 13266.html

GATESVILLE (July 26, 2012)--Coryell County Justice of the Peace Coy Latham ruled Thursday on the ownership of more than 100 animals seized last week from a Copperas Cove horse farm.

Latham said Marijeta Medvereck, owner of Blue Heaven Farm, may keep 29 horses, one goat and one donkey, but she must give up the remaining five horses, 53 goats, eight head of cattle, six donkeys and three hogs.

Piper":2nqxiu7l said:
I thought I was watching, just found this. Wonder why the type of split judgement? Could it be where she has her business?
http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/communities ... 13266.html

GATESVILLE (July 26, 2012)--Coryell County Justice of the Peace Coy Latham ruled Thursday on the ownership of more than 100 animals seized last week from a Copperas Cove horse farm.

Latham said Marijeta Medvereck, owner of Blue Heaven Farm, may keep 29 horses, one goat and one donkey, but she must give up the remaining five horses, 53 goats, eight head of cattle, six donkeys and three hogs.

Sounds to me as though the judge is throwing both sides a bone to avoid either side appealing the judgement.

hoodat":idiv6ijo said:
Sounds to me as though the judge is throwing both sides a bone to avoid either side appealing the judgement.
I agree, it seems more like a local snit, because the neighbors do not want a business on their street, so they had her downsize it.

Latest posts

Back