The other animals....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millinex

Reaction score
Here's just a few. I breed reticulated pythons- which is what got me into rabbits in the first place. I kept a single one back as a pet and now have 3 pets that will end up staying even if I get out of meat rabbits one day, but lead me to actually enjoy rabbits and have 40+.

My white phase tiger, male. 9 foot.
MGYd2Crl.jpg

One of the hatchlings I produced last season:
Hf3L0Avl.jpg

This is what $8500 looks like in snake language LOL
GnVr4w8l.jpg

My biggest girl... Around 18' and 120-140lbs depending on what she has in her tummy.
jmOxahyl.jpg

What gorgeous snakes! :p

What is the $8500 morph?

Back in my pet store days :eek:ldgeezer: , retics were one of the nastiest tempered pythons. Have their temperaments improved at all through selective breeding, stayed about the same, or worsened because of the emphasis on morphs?

MamaSheepdog":1mz940xd said:
What gorgeous snakes! :p

What is the $8500 morph?

Back in my pet store days :eek:ldgeezer: , retics were one of the nastiest tempered pythons. Have their temperaments improved at all through selective breeding, stayed about the same, or worsened because of the emphasis on morphs?
Purpletail is the $8500 one. Its a new genetic not 100% proven out yet.

My retics have very powerful feeding responses, but once you break that response they are very docile. Very very tame animals.

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!! Happy, healthy herptiles make me SMILE! :D Those EYES, I love their eyes the BEST. And wow, those are some BIG pythons!!!! :p

Dang, now I miss my Balls. :( :cry: Alas, can't have snakes here at my dad's...definitely getting more Balls (and if I'm lucky, a super-dwarf Retic too!!!) when I have my own house. :mrgreen:

As STUNNING as that Purpletail morph is (OMG THE EYES!!! PURPLE AND YELLOW, LOVE IT) I want to make grabby-hands at that hatchling!!!!! TOO cute!!!!!!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!! I love snakes!

Thanks guys!

This is Yanille she is a tiger 66% possible het albino/genetic stripe. She has been paired up with a white tiger 66% possible het genetic stripe... Today and 2 days ago she refused food, so I'm hoping she took and will be dropping me a nice clutch of eggs here in about 40ish days !

tB6eL2Ql.jpg

Thanks guys, hopefully this season goes well and I prove out some genetics on these guys. Could use a couple world firsts and them to pay for themselves finally LOL

Beautiful snakes :cool:
Several reptiles included in my "zoo" :roll: also.

The subject of feeding rabbit kits to the snakes just got brought up the other day in fact. We hadn't thought of it before. :hmm:

Lovely, lovely, lovely. :3 I have two friends with snakes and my partner wants to get a snake. I said no to pythons because they sort of freak me out (I don't like the idea of being choked in my sleep), but these are stunning. I would totally come by your house and pet them.

Cspr":8hgodwct said:
Lovely, lovely, lovely. :3 I have two friends with snakes and my partner wants to get a snake. I said no to pythons because they sort of freak me out (I don't like the idea of being choked in my sleep), but these are stunning. I would totally come by your house and pet them.
There is no snake large enough to eat an a human being.

Choked in your sleep is extremely far fetched. The only stories of that happening are recent- such as the one in Canada involving the 2 young boys. That story- is actually a big hoax and the snake was not responsible for the childs deaths at all.

Python doesn't always mean huge either, a friend of mine works with superdwarf/dwarf reticulated pythons which only hit 5-10 feet at adult size. Many keepers have ball pythons, or woma, childrens etc, which are 3-6 at adulthood, very manageable.

Snakes are one of the safest pets around, the reason people die to them- are 99% of the time keeper errors, usually people poorly managing a feeding response and getting tagged in the process. It's easily avoidable and not the snakes fault.

I feel my snakes are much safer than most peoples dogs. ;)

Wow they are beautiful animals! I hope your hets prove out :)
I breed cornsnakes and am growing my ball pythons hopefuly they will be good to go for the 14/15 year. I also have a blood python, boa, sand boa and beauty snake. The giant snakes are illegal here sop I make do with what I can get!

Huh, thanks for the information, Mili. Never thought of it like that. Then again, I tell people to not be afraid of sharks, because cows are more hazardous, and I suppose my fear of large snakes is pretty far-fetched. Constrictors are so much safer than pit vipers it isn't even funny, and pit vipers kill fewer people than dogs do a year, probably, especially if you count rabies.

On the other hand, I will always be nervous about strange dogs. I've been bitten at least six times by dogs (twice in the face), but never by a snake. Huh. In other news, I hate living in an area where people train dogs for fighting or just don't bother training them. It was terrible for a kid who loved animals and quickly grew to fear dogs.

Thanks Wyld, I hope so to, she's accepting food again so who knows.. some retics eat all throughout being gravid some don't. I'm hoping she just is eating while gravid, and I get some cool stuff this spring..

No problem Cspr, it's pretty staggering how many people think they are killers, even though more people are killed every year by toasters, dogs, hotdogs, falling out of bed, horses, etc etc etc than have been killed by giant snakes in the past 25 years. If we rule out keeper related stupidity (drunk handling, improper feeding, improper housing), it's like.. 1-2 deaths that are the snakes direct fault...

The thing I tell people- some people are dumb, and will always find ways to kill themselves no matter what... Some will kill themselves on accident with big snakes, some with cars, improper dog training, some by doing stupid stunts.. they'll weed themselves out regardless LOL

Back