help with a struggling baby?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweetie08171990":3pexgypa said:
the vet was really specific that it should be her night droppings the soft squishy ones.
While those would be great, they aren't necessary to establish proper gut flora. Regular poop will do just fine. :)

post63219.html#p63219
A few bunny berries are considered normal, and the doe will purposely deposit a few in the box for the kits to eat at first to establish gut flora.

my baby is still hanging in there he is a little fighter and a little champion i am so proud of him even if he doesnt make it i am glad he made it this far. his eye is open today he is still not doing to god but he is still alive

Yay! Where there is life, there is hope! :D

Congratulations on being a mom yourself! Breastmilk has many uses, by the way. It can be used to treat eye infections as well as upper respiratory infections. A drop in the eye or nostrils a couple times daily will often clear things up. :)

lol i did not know that :p ill keep it in mind if i ever get a sinus infection or pink eye lol miss m how do i feed my buuny his moms fecies obviouslt its not soft what do i do to make sure he is getting the proper nutrients he needs?<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 am __________<br /><br />champs health is improving and he is starting to hop around :) i am hoping this is a good sign i will keep praying for him :)

sweetie08171990":orrbnn2z said:
miss m how do i feed my buuny his moms fecies obviouslt its not soft what do i do to make sure he is getting the proper nutrients he needs?
I have not found MissM's previous post, but I did find this, where it mentions using the mother rabbits feces
post86081.html#p86081

Still got champ this morning and he is doing particularly well today with the hot weather here and the change in food he is doing awsome. for future refrence to anyone rearing babies i mixed up some kmr kitten milk replacer a little thicker than usuall and then put in some breast milk (my own) and a few dromps of infacol gas drops. he eats it so fast i question weather he actually tasted it :p and he is starting to come back to good health. in the bottom of his bed i layed some dry oatmeal and some timothy hay and once a day i break up a few of his moms droppins and put them in there to nibble if he needs and to keep him warm i use a grain bag i heat for 1 min and leave for a few hours it retains heat really well but doesnt get so hot as to burn him :) i am so proud of my champ what a little fighter

What wonderful news! You should be proud of yourself as well as Champ. You pulled the little guy back from the brink of death, I think. Maybe it is your mama milk that is doing it! :D

He has "nest box eye". You can clean them with warm water or chamomile or black tea to remove any crusty stuff. The tea wont hurt his eyes. A-a-nd now you can try out the breast milk cure! (Don't worry, I did it to my kids, and they are still here! ;) )

It is usually caused by bacteria, so just getting the eyes open will help cure him because bacteria thrive in moist, low oxygen environments with little light.

how do i get the eye open just by cleaning it??<br /><br />__________ Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:15 pm __________<br /><br />there is no crusty stuff they just look swollen and they are not open yet

I thought they opened yesterday?<br /><br />__________ Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:19 pm __________<br /><br />Sometimes you don't see crust on the outside. If you use very warm water, and just gently wipe his eyes over and over again, they may open. You do NOT want to try to pry them open.

sweetie08171990":3ssdq5o7 said:
how do i get the eye open just by cleaning it??

__________ Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:15 pm __________

there is no crusty stuff they just look swollen and they are not open yet
What MSD said. It will eventually work. Be patient and gentle, the eye underneath could be a bit dry, but will gradually open.

i am going to try giving him a frop of infants advil in his formula tonight to help aleveate some of the pain its bothering him so much he is twisting his neck off to the side of his head and truninr over and over. ill feed him and post in 4 or 5 hours on how he is doing. thanks again for the help :) very much appreciated

Piper":1pegmtxx said:
sweetie08171990":1pegmtxx said:
miss m how do i feed my buuny his moms fecies obviouslt its not soft what do i do to make sure he is getting the proper nutrients he needs?
I have not found MissM's previous post, but I did find this, where it mentions using the mother rabbits feces
post86081.html#p86081
Thanks for answering, Piper! I didn't see her question until now. :)

not sure whats wrong with him his neck is twisted over to the side funny and everytime i prop it up he twists it back over again is there someone i can email a picture to to get some advice on this???? im concerned he may be hurt or somthing

it sure is. does anyone know how i can fix it without all the drugs and vet bills????

__________ Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:48 pm __________

google says you can get it from a neck sprain and my husband says he jumped out of the nesting box earlier. any suggestions?

__________ Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:48 pm __________

google says you can get it from a neck sprain and my husband says he jumped out of the nesting box earlier. any suggestions?<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:12 am __________<br /><br />google also says i should give him a touch of baby asprin as an antiinflamatory

Latest posts

Back