Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sweet! Congrats Sagebrush & Preciousgurl63!

A couple cute photos from today. (one of a litter of 6 Mini Lops - 4 1/2 weeks old)
Blue%2BMagpie%2Bwagon%2Bface.jpg

Violet%2BOctober%2B2014.jpg

Presenting...

:fireworks1: MARSHMALLOW'S FIRST POPPLES!!! (Wave's first, too! :D ) :fireworks1:

Marshmallow, our new Cali buck from OneAcreFarm:

Marshmallow2-010715_zpsnax3pe36.jpg

Wave, our sallander mutt doe:

Wave4-010715_zps1ywnwhjr.jpg

And... Wave's brand new litter of 9 healthy wiggly popples:

FirstLitterWave.png

Random popple:

FirstLitterWavePopple.png

Woohoo!!! It's so good to have babies again! :bouncy:

There are nine! :p That's our largest first litter ever, actually! :D

She seems to be a great mom, too. They're all fed, the nest was very clean, all that. It'll be nice if she turns out to be a better mom than her mom, Squeak. Squeak didn't usually teach her babies to keep clean, and she had trouble making enough milk. When we butchered the rest of her last litter, we kept Wave in there with her, hoping they could stay together. Squeak is a pet, so I was hoping to keep the cage productive, without breeding Squeak anymore.

For a little while, things were getting testy in the cage, and we were about to separate them. We finally realized that they were fighting only when one of us was in front of their cage, so we waited. All seems to be well, now. Squeak is a helpful grandmama bun, even pulling some of her own fur to line the nest. :)

WhWRabbitry":3p9w1ktb said:
:congratulations: Miss M!!
alforddm":3p9w1ktb said:
Squeak is a helpful grandmama bun, even pulling some of her own fur to line the nest.
Awwwww

Congratz on the litter!
JenerationX":3p9w1ktb said:
alforddm":3p9w1ktb said:
Squeak is a helpful grandmama bun, even pulling some of her own fur to line the nest.
Awwwww

Congratz on the litter!

Double awwwww.
:p Thank y'all!

I thought it was so neat... Squeak was pulling fur over a week before Wave kindled. She knew. :)

OneAcreFarm":3p9w1ktb said:
Congratulations! So glad they are doing well for you...
Thank you! :D I'll have to post furred-out pix of your grandbunnies for you! I have no idea what they are... I think some are steels, but I don't think all of them are. They're driving me nuts, trying to figure them out! :p

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but I wasn't about to keep these kits out long enough to adjust things. Even inside like this, I don't like having newborns out of the nest for long.

I'll get something better up in a few days when their color is in.
Two new litters. Heather and Feather again to Frett.
Frett: A_ Bb C_ dd_E_ Opal

Heather: aa Bb Cc dd Es_ Self blue, or perhaps a masked gt steel...(A_)

Feather: A_ bb C_ dd Es_ Lilac gold tipped steel

Known colors possible:
Blue, blue gts, opal
lilac, lilac gts, lynx

There were originally 17, 10 from Feather (one doa) and 7 from Heather (found one frozen outside the fur pile.) So I've split the difference and let the does have 7 and 8 kits to nurse. GEDC2260.JPG

__________ Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:44 am __________

And just for fun: the "black" kit from Heather's last litter. Who happens to be in the process of proving that they can look like selfs for over 8 weeks and then suddenly decide to show me some steel. (and sometimes, they never bother to let it show)
A_ B_ Cchd c Dd Es e -
Right now he looks kinda funny because he's only grown in that steel collar.:)
GEDC2211.JPG

Sagebrush":yiyoabmr said:
Well here are two of the kits from Ava. They opened their eyes today!

So cute :) It looks like they have two different coats?? <br /><br /> __________ Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:30 pm __________ <br /><br />
WhWRabbitry":yiyoabmr said:
So sweet! Congrats Sagebrush & Preciousgurl63!

A couple cute photos from today. (one of a litter of 6 Mini Lops - 4 1/2 weeks old)

Cuteness overload!!

Our litter is half mini lop and half... whatever she is (non lop).
At what age do their ears start to 'lop' if they're going to?

Zass":2rv4d3hs said:
Frett: A_ Bb C_ dd_E_ Opal

Heather: aa Bb Cc dd Es_ Self blue, or perhaps a masked gt steel...(A_)

Feather: A_ bb C_ dd Es_ Lilac gold tipped steel
Aaaaaaaaah-choo!

:lol:

There were originally 17, 10 from Feather (one doa) and 7 from Heather (found one frozen outside the fur pile.) So I've split the difference and let the does have 7 and 8 kits to nurse.
They're so cute! :p They'll be so pretty when they fur out!!!

And just for fun: the "black" kit from Heather's last litter.
Aw, he's a cutie too! :D I got some of those "blacks" from my Squeak x Pharaoh breeding. Some of them didn't show any tips for a long time.

They do seem to have two different coats. One is really rough, as if it is all guard hairs, and the other is really fluffy like down. I am really interested in how these guys grow out their coats. I have 2 kits with that weird rough type coat.

I should have three litters next week to contribute to this thread .... Two lilac does & a tri color all bred to my chocolate buck.

Here's my 5 week & 6 week old kits. The 5 week I fostered to the other doe so they're both living together.

4fa0RGo.jpg

O4dZNbA.jpg

3vtPtwU.jpg

Their dad
RADZZau.jpg

And for those who know: they're both blue torts, yeah? They're both vienna marked. One has a black tort mom and one has a sable mom.

Looks like I did get one opal and 3-4 lynx kits.
I stopped bothering to keep these two mix-breed litters separate. :lol: They are from 2 full sisters bred to the same buck. Both does are doing well this time around, so I don't really care who's kits I end up keeping, if any. Neither doe cares which nestbox she's handed. ;) So I'm figuring if they aren't concerned, why should I be ? :cool:

Attachments

• GEDC2307.JPG
    GEDC2307.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 585

Latest posts

Back